Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/07/2014 -- The telecom market in Panama will be worth US$1.71bn in 2018, with growth mainly in mobile data, pay-TV and fixed broadband. CWP will remain the largest operator revenue-wise through 2018. Mobile penetration growth slowed to a crawl in 2012. LTE is yet to be launched commercially. Pay-TV reached more than one-quarter of households in 2012, with DTH growing rapidly. Our Country Intelligence Reports analyze market trends, regulatory environments and competitive dynamics for 60 countries worldwide, delivering quantitative and qualitative insight into key trends, opportunities and risk factors.
Introduction and Landscape
Panama's telecom services market will be worth US$1.71bn in 2018, up from $1.38bn in 2013. Growth will come mainly in mobile data, as well as pay-TV and fixed broadband. Cable and Wireless will generate the most service revenue throughout the forecast period. Mobile penetration growth slowed to a crawl in 2012: at the end of 2013 there will be about 7.2m mobile subscriptions. As the mobile market approaches saturation, competition will get even more intense, particularly in the prepaid segment. Pyramid Research expects 3G connections to surpass 2G/2.5G ones in 2014 and to reach 73% of all mobile subscriptions in 2018. We project that fixed broadband penetration, hindered largely by high service prices and a lack of competition, will reach 14.7% in 2018; the government has a plan to achieve a penetration rate of 47% over the next 10 years. Pay-TV penetration stood at about 28% of households in 2012; we expect adoption of DTH to continue to grow over the forecast period, powered by Sky and Claro. Our Country Intelligence Reports offer detailed analysis of market trends, regulatory environments and competitive dynamics for 60 countries worldwide. They deliver quantitative and qualitative insight into key trends, near-term opportunities and risk factors in each specific telecom market, based on proprietary data from our databases."
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bulgaria: LTE Launch and Rural Broadband Expansion to Drive Telecom Market Growth
- Japan: LTE Deployments Paving the Way for New Business Lines for Telecom Operators
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- The Netherlands: LTE to Drive New Growth as Telecom Market Consolidation Speeds up
- South Korea: A National Broadband Plan for a Smart Country, Built on LTE and FTTH Leadership
- The Definitive Guide to 4G Technology and LTE Business Intelligence
- Iran: Adoption of Broadband and Mobile Data Services Lead the Way for Telecom Sector
- Senegal: Undersea Cables Drive Broadband Growth and Create Operator Opportunities
- Brazil Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom: Investments in LTE and Fiber Broadband Networks Will Help Keep Revenue Stable