Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2012 -- As outsourcing penetration has increased, pharma companies increasingly compete on how efficiently they interact with CROs. Strategic partnerships arose, in part, as a way to reduce the burden of oversight and costs of contracting. The report reviews how leading players are using strategic outsourcing to conduct drug development.
- The report reviews how leading players are using strategic outsourcing to conduct drug development.
- The scope includes companies providing preclinical and clinical outsourced development services.
CROs increasingly position themselves as strategic partners in drug development. Meanwhile, pharma companies are reducing the number of providers they partner with. Tactical outsourcing often brings a cost focus that can lead to compromises on quality; by contrast, strategic outsourcing aligns sponsor and CRO objectives.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk-sharing implies that the sponsor defrays the risk of delays and poor recruitment by incentivizing the CRO with bonus or penalty payments linked to key clinical trial metrics. Alternatively the CRO may agree to receive a percentage of future royalties as part payment, thereby offsetting the sponsor's risk of product failure.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain insight into how to most efficiently collaborate with CROs.
- Understand the merits and drawbacks of outsourcing to emerging markets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Innovative R&D Strategies and Models - Outsourcing, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing to Improve Productivity and Contain Costs
- The Future of R&D Outsourcing
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in India - Strategic Partnerships Between Domestic and International Pharmaceutical Players are the Driving Force
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs) Market to 2018 - Public-Private Partnerships to Strengthen Research Capacities and Advance Clinical Development Programs
- Lead Generation Strategies and Technologies in Drug Development - Emerging Techniques Such as Antisense Technology Will Allow Innovators to Minimize Costs
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market - Czech Republic - Planned Healthcare Reform Plans Forecast to Slow Growth Rates
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in South Africa to 2017 - Proposed Introduction of New Drug Regulatory Agency (SAHPRA) to Accelerate Drug Registration Process
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in Indonesia and Philippines - 100% Foreign Direct Investment in Indonesia and Extensive Insurance Coverage in the Philippines Attract Foreign Pharma Companies
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in China - Forecast to Become The World's Third-Largest Pharmaceutical Market By 2013
- Emerging Market for Clinical Trials in Argentina - Major Cost Advantages over the US in Conducting Clinical Trials Will Encourage Drug Development