Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report, "Pathways to Efficient Drug Development - Advances in Modeling and Simulation Outcomes to Fuel Pipeline Productivity". The report examines the reasons why the pharmaceutical industry is looking for improvements in efficiency whilst acknowledging that pharmaceutical R&D remains a long and risky process. It looks in detail at precompetitive research and evaluates how the industry is pulling together to research solutions to problems that are common to all companies. The report investigates innovation in the clinical drug development arena, documenting modeling and simulation based approaches to improving efficiency, as well as novel clinical trial designs. Lastly, the report examines innovation in business models within the industry that aim to help the industry to achieve its mantra of "doing more with less", which will be critical for its future success.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is built using information from primary and secondary research including interviews with experts in the field.
GBI Research's analysis shows that collaboration and open innovation will play increasingly important roles in the future by enabling research that would not be possible for companies to undertake individually. Many examples exist, driven in large part by the FDA's Critical Path Initiative and the European Innovative Medicines Initiative, and experiences gained by early consortia will help facilitate the logistical challenges of setting up new collaborations. Within companies, innovations including the increased use of modeling and simulation throughout the drug development process, adaptive clinical trials and exploratory clinical trials have all been studied for some years, suggesting that innovation is hard, but important. Innovation is also occurring in the business models applied within individual companies to enable them to achieve "more with less". Through adoption of new scientific approaches and business models, companies are hoping not only to refuel their pipelines but to regain the confidence of investors and the public in their ability to deliver meaningful treatments for patients at the same time as generating profits in the coming years.
- Detailed analysis of the reasons for the industry to be looking closely at improving efficiency
- Definition of precompetitive collaboration, analysis of areas in which precompetitive collaboration is occurring, and discussion of the expansion of this space in the future
- Explorations of the key challenges facing consortia and the factors that make them successful
- Case studies of key innovations in drug development including model-based drug development, adaptive clinical trials and exploratory clinical trials
- Detailed insights into innovation in business models, including virtual networks, open innovation and extensive academic collaborations
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- GPCRs in Drug Discovery - Efforts to De-Orphanize Novel GPCR Targets are Increasing
- Accelerating Drugs to Market - Despite Challenges, Adaptive Clinical Trials Reduce Drug Development Costs and Time to Market
- Early Stage Drug Discovery in Disease Segments - Innovation Focuses on Stem Cell Therapies and Gene Therapies
- Lead Generation Strategies and Technologies in Drug Development - Emerging Techniques Such as Antisense Technology Will Allow Innovators to Minimize Costs
- Biosimilars in Developed Countries - Launch of Biosimilar mAbs in Europe and New Regulatory Pathways in the US to Spur Market Growth
- Biomarkers in Drug Discovery - Earlier Usage of Biomarkers in Optimization Stage to Reduce Drug Attrition Rate Significantly
- Oral Drug Delivery Market to 2017 - Out-licensing Proprietary Technologies for Proteins, Peptides and Small Molecules to Drive Revenue Growth
- Product Profiles: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Biosimilars Approval Pathways in the US and Europe - Development and Approval of Biosimilar mABs May Face Tough Regulatory Environment
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile