Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/03/2012 -- Payment Cards in India is a guide to one of Asia's key growth payment card markets. The report provides statistics on market size, competitor market shares and forecasts. It also provides an overview of regulations, competitor activities, issuer strategy, product innovation, consumer segmentation and includes developments in contactless, mobile, and online payments as well as prepaid cards.
- Market sizing, forecasting and competitor shares are an invaluable guide for any cards player building a business case for activity in India.
- In-depth insight into contactless, mobile, prepaid and online payments highlights future opportunities for all industry stakeholders.
- Detailed analysis of consumer segmentation allows issuers to target consumers with inside knowledge of their true behavior and needs.
- An overview of India's regulatory framework allows current and prospective players to understand the environment and its implications.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Payment card transactions in India for the year 2010 totaled EUR191bn, of which pay now cards accounted for EUR178.7bn or 93.5%. Forecasts put the growth of the total value through payment cards at a compound annual growth rate of 25.7% over 2011-15f.
ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank are the two largest players and jointly hold 55% of the credit card market. Public sector banks are the largest players in India's pay now card market. The three biggest privately owned banks hold 21.1% of the market share, whereas foreign-owned banks have the smallest share of the debit card market.
The online payment market in India stood at only EUR4.2bn in 2010, largely due to low Internet penetration in the country. Prepaid cards are a new concept in India and as such do not have a very large share in the payment card market, largely being targeted towards travellers in India.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Which card segments are showing the fastest growth in the Indian payments market and why?
- Who are the key players in Indian card payments and what is their market share?
- What impact will regulators and new market entrants have on future growth in Indian payments.
- How extensive are mobile, online, prepaid and contactless payments and where does future growth lie?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Payment Cards in Japan
- Payment Cards in Italy
- UK Plastic Cards 2008
- Payment Cards in Mexico
- European Merchant Acquiring and Transaction Processing
- Payment Cards in France 2010
- Payment Cards in Hungary to 2012
- Financial Cards and Payments - Switzerland
- Payment Cards in Mexico (Databook)
- Payment Cards in Brazil (Databook)