Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/10/2014 -- Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Market By Congenital Heart Defect Closure Device [ASD, Ventricular Septal Defect, Patent Ductus Arteriosus, Left Atrial Appendage, Aortic Valve, Pulmonary Valve] & Procedures - Global Forecasts to 2018
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global pediatric interventional cardiology market is a very dynamic market, as this market is witnessing a number of technological advancements, owing to which various new devices are being launched in the market. Traditionally, pediatric interventional cardiology was used for diagnostic purposes; however, currently, it is increasingly being used for treatment purposes as well. The transcatheter heart valve market is the fastest growing segment in the pediatric interventional cardiology market. In 2010, the first pediatric specific transcatheter pulmonary heart valve was launched in the U.S. market. Companies in this market are engaged in the development of new and improved transcatheter heart valves, which is a major reason for its high growth. In addition, this market is witnessing a number of venture capitalist investments, which is aiding in the development and launch of new products in this market.
In the coming years, the APAC and RoW regions are expected to grow at high CAGRs. These regions offer an array of opportunities for growth and are expected to be the new revenue pockets in the pediatric interventional cardiology market. Both these regions offer a high growth potential as compared to mature markets such as Europe. Growth in these markets is spurred by the growing incidence of congenital heart disease (CHD). According to the American College of Cardiology Foundation, in 2010, the prevalence of CHD in Asia was 8.9 to 9.7 per 1,000 live births, whereas in Africa this figure was 1.1 to 3.5 per 1,000 live births. The APAC region is witnessing a number of collaborations between local players and foreign companies for the development of new products. Also, the APAC region is hosting a number of conferences and workshops for discussing new and advanced techniques that are present in the market. These conferences and workshops will help in stimulating innovation in the field of pediatric interventional cardiology, thus aiding the market to grow further.
The global pediatric interventional cardiology market is highly competitive and all the existing players in this market are engaged in developing new and advanced products, to maintain their market share. However, varied stringency of regulatory procedures across the globe and the presence of complex regulatory procedures are the factors that are likely to hinder the growth of this market. At present, difficulties encountered in clinical trials of pediatric medical devices such as patient recruitment and high cost are the major challenges faced by market players.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Drug-Eluting Balloons - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- Medical Robots Market - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Endoscopy Equipment Market - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Medical Automation Market [Radiography, Capsule Endoscopy, da Vinci, POC, Intraoperative Ultrasound, Defibrillator, Infusion Pump, Automated Medication Dispensing, Microplate Reader, Pneumatic Tube Systems, RFID, RTLS] '" Global Forecasts to 2018
- Endoscopy Equipment Market by Endoscopes (Rigid, Flexible, Capsule), by Visualization Systems (HD, 3D Camera, Wireless Display & Monitor), Others (Endoscopic Ultrasound, Carts), by Application (Colonoscopy, GI Endoscopy) - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Biomarkers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Global Enterprise Social Software (ESS) Market : Global Advancements, Demand Analysis & Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Global Unified Communications as-a-service (UCaaS) Market: Advancements, Emerging Applications, Business Models, Technology Roadmaps, Global Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Modified Starch Market -Food) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018