Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/04/2014 -- A perimeter is the boundary that divides the assets from the exterior world. The intention of deploying perimeter security solutions is to protect the infrastructure from the external threats such as vandalism, diversion, sabotage and other criminal acts. These systems assist to deter, detect, deny, delay and defend unauthorized access to the assets within the perimeter. Perimeter security is divided into physical security for buildings, infrastructure, and grounds; and logical security for computer networks. The physical security aspect has been covered in this report. Outdoor perimeter security is frequently-neglected, but it can considerably improve the efficiency of any infrastructure's security system.
Defense and Government, transportation facilities, critical infrastructure, commercial facilities, sensitive areas and others are the verticals which have been taken into consideration in the report. In 2013, critical infrastructure vertical accounts for the highest market share. This is followed by defense and government vertical. It is expected that in 2018, this same trend will continue.
The commercial facilities and sensitive areas verticals are expected to have higher CAGR in the forecast period. Few high growth markets in the critical infrastructure vertical are -
1. Nuclear power stations
2. Utilities such as water, oil and gas, electric
3. Chemical and petro-chemical facilities
4. Industrial facilities and manufacturing plants
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Marketsandmarkets expects that critical infrastructure vertical will account for the largest market share throughout the forecast period. However, there are few revenue pockets, namely commercial facilities and transportation facilities that will witness significant growth in this period.
Majority of the challenges in this market are specific to the application environment of the sensor technology. These are related to the high nuisance/ false alarm rates (FAR). It the solutions have higher FAR, the security personals tend to loose trust in the system.
There are various assumptions that we have taken into consideration for market sizing and forecasting exercise. Few of global assumptions include political, economic, social, technological and economic factors. For instance, exchange rates, one of the economic factors, are expected to have a moderate rating of impact on this market. Therefore, dollar fluctuations are expected to not seriously affect the forecasts in the emerging APAC regions.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways -
1. This report segments the market into devices and applications, covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments. The market numbers are further split across the different verticals and regions.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Business research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Physical Security Market By Products (Video surveillance, Access Control, Biometrics, Intrusion Detection, Security Systems), Services (Remote Management, Technical Support, Security Consulting) Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Complex Event Processing (CEP) Market [Algorithmic Trading, Fraud Detection, Sentiment Analysis, Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Logistics, Revenue Assurance, Emergency Response Services] Worldwide Market Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Transportation Safety and Transportation Security Market Modes (Airways; Seaways; Roadways; Railways); Systems (Access Control; Surveillance, Scanning, Screening, Tracking, Navigation, Fire Safety): - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 '" 2018)
- Airport & Marine Port Security Market [Access Control, Video Surveillance, Screening & Scanning, Asset and Visitor Management, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Network Security] - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Parking Management Market (Access Control, Security and Surveillance, Revenue Management, Reservation Management, Valet Management, Enforcement and Permit Management, Guidance and Slot Management) Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Energy Security Market by Power Plants (Nuclear, Thermal And Hydro, Oil And Gas And Renewable Energy), By Technologies (Physical, Network Security), Professional Services - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Electronic Access Control Systems Market: Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017), By Application & Geography
- Oil and Gas Security Market [by Applications (Exploration and Drilling, Refining and Storage, Pipeline, Transportation and Distribution), by Technologies (Physical Security, Network Security)] - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Maritime Security Market [Access Control & Biometrics (Finger, Face, Voice, Iris); Surveillance and Tracking (Underwater, Video, AIS, LRIT, Imaging); Detectors; SCADA; GIS; Communications (Satellite, Radio)] - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Smart Railways Market [Passenger Information Systems, Freight Information Systems, Rail Traffic Management, Operations Management, Security Monitoring, Communications, Ticketing, Rail Analytics]: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)