Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Peru Mining Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- We forecast average mining industry value growth of 2.3% per year from 2014-2018, reaching USD21.3bn. Both d omestic and international firms have projects in development, and the sector presents promising growth opportunities for miners of a wide array of minerals. The Peruvian government estimates current mining investment pipelines through 2020 to total nearly US D 5 7 bn, although continued protests by local communities is likely to reduce figure as project delays mount and costs rise.
We expect Peru's mining sector will see continued development given its significant untapped reserves and friendly investment framework. While we forecast positive annual growth to 2018, we revised down our industry value projections in light of recent data indicating a greater-than-expected contraction in both 2012 and 2013. Peru still remains a significant global producer of several base and precious metals, and we expect continued diversification as miners explore and develop new deposits. Copper projects accounting for the largest proportion of new mine projects and expansions. The sector is dominated by global copper mining majors including Southern Copper (a division of Grupo M?xico), Freeport McMoRan and Glencore Xstrata, which are boosting output by both expanding existing operations and undertaking new investment projects.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
We expect Peru's central government will continue to encourage investment into the mining sector, though further conflict between local and central government interests is likely. We anticipate President Ollanta Humala will continue pursuing moderate policies, seeking to attract foreign investment while increasing social spending and implementing more accommodative policies towards Peruvian citizens and interest groups opposed to mining development. The tax code remains competitive, particularly in light of Mexican mining royalties imposed at the start of...
The Peru Mining Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s mining and commodity forecasts for metals, minerals and gems, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, exports and values. The report also analyses trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Peru Mining Report provides industry strategists, service companies, company analysts and consultants, government departments, trade associations and regulatory bodies with BMI's independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the mining industry in Peru.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts on Peru to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and planning in this mining market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Peru's mining sector through our reviews of latest mining industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Peru.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity), Key Projects Tables and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering mining reserves, supply, demand and prices, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Mining Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (mining companies and support service providers) in the regional mining market. The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry rankings products.
Details and analysis of all current and planned developments (new ventures, capacity expansion and other investments) across the sector broken down by metal/ore.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast. Indicators include:
- Mining Industry: Industry size (US$mn), real growth (%), % of GDP, employment ('000), workforce as % of total workforce, average wage (US$).
- Output:Production volumes ('000 tonnes, carats etc.) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state, including bauxite, copper, gold, coal, lead, silver, tin, titanium, uranium, zinc etc.
- Exports: Value of exports (US$mn) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state .
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Namibia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Botswana Mining Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Mining Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Mining Report Q3 2014
- Australia Mining Report Q3 2014
- India Mining Report Q3 2014
- Indonesia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Congo, Dem. Rep. Mining Report Q3 2014
- Mozambique Mining Report Q3 2014
- MENA Mining Report Q3 2014