Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/17/2012 -- GBI Research, leading business intelligence provider has released its latest research report, entitled "Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement - Adoption of Health Technology Assessments (HTA) Optimizes Drug Pricing and Accelerates Reimbursement Decision-Making". The report provides a comprehensive overview of the healthcare system and pricing and reimbursement process in the US, top five countries of Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy), Japan, Australia and China, with a detailed analysis of the different regulatory mechanisms used in these countries. The report closely scrutinizes the major changes in pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement in these nations in the recent past and their impact in the near future.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Pricing and reimbursement issues are geography-specific and mostly depend upon the economic conditions of the country in question. Governments in the different countries of Europe have been adopting various measures to bring uniformity to the prices of pharmaceuticals by introducing measures such as international price referencing, pharmacoeconomic evaluations, value-based pricing, internal price referencing, price capping, risk sharing models, and positive and negative price lists. The Value Based Pricing System (VBPS), which is in the process of being adopted by the UK, will only reimburse drugs that provide value to patients. In addition, there are issues with respect to orphan drugs since there are no specific regulations governing their pricing, and pharmaceutical companies are exploiting patients by aggressively pricing these therapeutics. Pricing and reimbursement affects many players in the economic environment such as political parties, pharmaceutical companies, regulatory authorities, and patients. This report analyzes the impact of pricing and reimbursement issues on the concerned stakeholders. The report provides information on the economic situation of different countries with statistical graphs and graphs that represent the expenditure made by respective governments with respect to GDP. The report also provides information on the different pricing and reimbursement mechanisms that are being used in the current environment.
- A detailed study of the healthcare systems and roles of the key players in the respective pharmaceutical systems in the US, top five countries of Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy), Japan, Australia and China.
- Analysis of the major pricing and reimbursement mechanisms in each country.
- Key trends that have emerged from the recent changes brought about in pricing and reimbursement mechanisms.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pricing and Reimbursement in Brazil - Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Studies to Facilitate Setting of Ceiling Prices for New Drugs
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in China - Series of Mandated Price Cuts Not Effective in Stemming Healthcare Expenditures
- Pricing and Reimbursement of the Healthcare System in India - Low Levels of Drug Reimbursement Lead to a High Out-Of-Pocket Expenditure
- Pricing and Reimbursement in the US - Non-LIS Beneficiaries Not Covered by Medicare Coverage Gap to Gain from Reduction in Out-of-Pocket Expenditure for Generic Drugs
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Europe - Reference Pricing and Similar Initiatives Being Applied to Innovative Drugs Pose Significant Challenge to Pharmaceutical Companies
- Reimbursement in Europe and Indication-Specific Pricing
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Oncology - Payer Pressure to Justify Premium Pricing of Novel Agents, Pushing Companies to Risk-Sharing Modalities
- Pricing and Reimbursement in Generics - European Austerity Measures and Healthcare Cost Containment Puts Innovation-Driven Pharma Companies under Pressure
- Drug Price Cuts in Top Five Countries of Europe - Tougher Reference Pricing Environment and Drug Price Freeze through 2013 Expected to Drive Down Healthcare Costs
- The Pharmaceutical Market: France