New Pharmaceuticals market report from GlobalData: "PharmaPoint: Asthma - Australia Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/10/2014 -- Asthma accounts for approximately 250,000 deaths around the world annually, deaths that otherwise could be easily prevented through appropriate treatment The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The 2013 base-year market sales of asthma products in Australia were $322m. As in the global market, this growth will be fueled mainly by the uptake of the new branded biologic drugs. A dip in sales caused by the Singulair patent expiry in 2012, as well as the patent expiry of the best-selling ICS/LABA FDCs, GSK's Advair and AstraZeneca's Symbicort, will be offset by eight pipeline product launches, seven of which are targeted biologics.
- Overview of Asthma including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the Australia including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the Australia from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Australia Asthma market.
Reasons to Get This Report:
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Australia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Asthma - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Asthma - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Asthma - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Australia Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023