New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new Country report, "PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". The chronic heart failure (CHF) market is a mature market that has been slowly overtaken by generic drugs, and more branded products are expected to lose market exclusivity during the next few years. GlobalData predicts that the major global barriers that will play a crucial role in narrowing the global growth of the CHF market over the forecast period include the sparsely populated CHF pipeline and an increasing number of generic competitors in a market that is already heavily laden with generic drugs. However, the market entry of entry of Novartis' LCZ-696, the first novel, branded CHF drug to enter the market in five years, will noticeably enhance the overall market size during the forecast period. LCZ-696 is currently being evaluated in a trial for patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HF-REF), but if clinical trial data continue to demonstrate the drug's efficacy in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HF-PEF), and it gains approval for use in this population, it will be the first drug to show efficacy in this largely underserved patient population. In addition, increased use of MRAs over the forecast period in all seven major markets (7MM) will contribute to the increase in the global CHF market size.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GlobalData anticipates that the slight decline in the growth of the Japanese CHF market is due to price reductions implemented every two years; the most recent price revisions occurred in April 2012. These price revisions are expected to have a large effect on branded drugs that are off patent and have generic equivalents. As in other markets, several CHF drugs are already off patent; in addition, GlobalData expects the generic equivalents of Diovan, Atacand, and Micardis to enter the market within the forecast period. Despite the presence of new entrants, including Procoralan and eplerenone (Selara in Japan), which are expected to be approved during the forecast period, the overall sales in the Japanese CHF market will decline because LCZ-696 is expected to enter the this market in 2020, towards the end of the forecast period. The launch of drugs in the Japanese market is often delayed due to the requirement by Japanese regulatory agencies to perform clinical studies in Japanese patients; as a result, growth in the Japanese market resulting from the uptake of LCZ-696 is expected be observed largely outside of our forecast period.
- Overview of CHF including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2012-2022.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Chronic Heart Failure - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- LCZ-696 (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Nebilet (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Atacand (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Diovan (Chronic Heart Failure) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)