Recently published research from GlobalData, "PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- The Crohn's disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety and efficacy profiles translate to clinical practice once they enter the market, their launch will be to the detriment of the existing market leaders, Remicade (infliximab) and Humira (adalimumab).The loss of patent protection of the anti-TNF marketed brands will allow for the emergence of biosimilars, such as Hospira's Inflectra (infliximab) a Remicade biosimilar. Focusing on country dynamics, Canada and the emerging markets of China and India will also play a key role in driving growth in the long term, with each market forecast to post positive Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) from 2012 to 2022, primarily due to the anticipated strong uptake of Remicade over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In contrast to the 7MM, but akin to Canada, Remicade will remain on patent in the Japanese CD market for a significant portion of the 10-year forecast period, with biosimilar erosion predicted from 2021 on. This, in turn, will lead to the brand experiencing year-on-year growth through to its peak-year sales in 2022.
- Overview of Crohn's disease including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Japan Crohn's disease market.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Crohn's disease.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in Japan.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Type 2 Diabetes - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022