New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- The Crohn's disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety and efficacy profiles translate to clinical practice once they enter the market, their launch will be to the detriment of the existing market leaders, Remicade (infliximab) and Humira (adalimumab).The loss of patent protection of the anti-TNF marketed brands will allow for the emergence of biosimilars, such as Hospira's Inflectra (infliximab) a Remicade biosimilar. Focusing on country dynamics, Canada and the emerging markets of China and India will also play a key role in driving growth in the long term, with each market forecast to post positive Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) from 2012 to 2022, primarily due to the anticipated strong uptake of Remicade over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Owing to a large pool of approximately 600,000 patients and the comparatively high cost of drug therapies for CD, the US was the largest CD market by value and volume in 2012, and will retain this position throughout GlobalData's 10-year forecast to 2022. New market players will emerge during the early years of the forecast period - namely, Takeda's Entyvio in 2014 and J&J's Stelara in 2015. Their launches will fuel further growth in the US CD market, albeit to the detriment of Remicade's and Humira's patient shares.
- Overview of Crohn's disease including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Crohn's disease market.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Crohn's disease..
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in the US.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Type 2 Diabetes - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022