MarketReserchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ PharmaPoint: Gastric and Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2024 ”
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/14/2016 -- Gastric and gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (G/GEJAC) represents the majority of gastric cancer cases worldwide. It is the fifth most diagnosed cancer globally, and the third most common cause of cancer death in the world. The major treatments for G/GEJAC are chemotherapy-based, but targeted therapies such as HER2 and angiogenesis inhibitors have been approved and are being added to chemotherapy regimens since 2010 and 2014, respectively.
GlobalData estimates the 2014 sales for G/GEJAC at approximately $1.13 billion across the 8MM covered in this report. The market is expected to reach $4.39 billion in 2024 at a CAGR of 14.6%. This growth will be mainly driven by the approval and uptake of premium-priced products, such as Eli Lillys Cyramza (ramucirumab) and PD-1-targeting mAbs, Merck & Co.s Keytruda (pembrolizumab) and BMS Opdivo (nivolumab). GlobalData expects, by the end of the forecast period, Cyramza to dominate the G/GEJAC market with an overall 37% share of the G/GEJAC market.
The G/GEJAC pipeline is strong; however, GlobalData expects many of these drugs to launch only in Japan and China, limiting their outlook. For the pipeline drugs that are in a global development. Roches Perjeta (pertuzumab) and Merck & Co.s Keytruda are the most promising. While the HER2-positive segment of the G/GEJAC will be dominated by Roche over the forecast period, GlobalData projects there will be opportunities for companies to develop novel therapeutics targeting the HER2-negative first-line setting.
View Report At http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/667480
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the impact of the new anti-PD-1 inhibitors and their projected label expansions on the G/GEJAC market sales? Given the recent reports on clinical efficacy of these pipeline drugs, there is a good deal of potential in the G/GEJAC space for anti-PD-1 inhibitors over the forecast period.
- As the HER2-positive segment of the G/GEJAC market is dominated by Roche, pharmaceutical companies aim to establish their foothold in the underserved HER2-negative space. What R&D strategies are being pursued by drug makers to stand out?
- The development of drugs for G/GEJAC has been slow, especially after the failure of Phase III trials of multiple pre-2014 pipeline agents. Therefore, there are considerable high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the G/GEJAC market?
- One of the main drivers of the enormous expansion of the G/GEJAC market will be the launch of premium-priced metastatic therapies, such as HER2-targeted therapy Perjeta, and anti-PD-1 immunotherapies Keytruda and Opdivo. The uptake of recently-approved Cyramza and its projected label expansion into the HER2-negative first-line setting will also be key. These drugs will extend treatment duration and will be added onto the current standard-of-care regimens.
- Key patent expiry of Herceptin across the major markets and subsequent biosimilar entries expected starting in 2017 represent a major barrier of the growth of the G/GEJAC market. GlobalData expects trastuzumab biosimilars to occupy a fifth of total molecule sales in 2024, the end of the forecast period.
- Companies are focusing on the development of therapies for the second-line treatment and for HER2-negative patients in the first line, trying to avoid excessive competition with the current standard of care.
- One of the largest unmet needs is efficacious perioperative and postoperative treatment options for resected patients to prevent disease recurrence. Currently, no company-sponsored trials are planed to address this unmet need.
Download Sample copy of this Report at : http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/667480
- Overview of G/GEJAC, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized G/GEJAC therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in seven patient segments (including adjuvant, HER2-positive and HER2-negative), forecast from 2014 to 2024.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the G/GEJAC therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for different lines of therapy. The most promising candidate in Phase III development is profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global G/GEJAC therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global G/GEJAC therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global G/GEJAC therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 10
1.1 List of Tables 17
1.2 List of Figures 23
2 Introduction 26
2.1 Catalyst 26
2.2 Related Reports 27
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 27
3 Disease Overview 28
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 28
3.1.1 Etiology 28
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 28
3.1.3 Biomarkers/Targets of Interest 30
3.2 Staging 31
3.3 Symptoms 33
3.4 Prognosis 33
3.5 Quality of Life 34
4 Epidemiology 36
4.1 Disease Background 36
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 37
4.3 Global Trends 38
4.3.1 8MM, Incidence Trends 39
4.4 Forecast Methodology 41
4.4.1 Sources Used 47
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 55
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer - 8MM 56
4.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Gastric Cancer - 8MM 57
4.4.5 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Gastric Cancer Clinical Stages at Diagnosis - 8MM 58
4.4.6 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Gastric Cancer Cellular Types - 8MM 59
4.4.7 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, HER2 Status - 8MM 61
4.4.8 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Diagnosed Incident Cases of GEJ Cancer - 8MM 62
4.4.9 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Adenocarcinomas - 8MM 64
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of Gastric Cancer (2014-2024) 64
4.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer 64
4.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer 66
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer 67
4.5.4 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Incidence of Gastric Cancer 69
4.5.5 Percentage Distribution of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer, by Stage at Diagnosis 70
4.5.6 Percentage Distribution of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer, by Cellular Type 71
4.5.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Cancer by HER2 Status 72
4.5.8 Diagnosed Incident Cases of GEJ Cancer 74
4.5.9 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Gastric Cancer 76
4.6 Discussion 77
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 77
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 78
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 79
5 Disease Management 80
5.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 80
5.1.1 Screening 80
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207