Research Report on " PharmaPoint: Heart Failure - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 ".
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/14/2016 -- GlobalData estimates sales of Heart Failure (HF) therapeutics to be approximately $3.2B across the 7MM in 2015, encompassing the US, 5EU, and Japan. The HF market will grow at a strong CAGR of 13.5% over the forecast period, reaching sales of $11.5B by 2025. The 7MM chronic HF market size in 2015 was $3.1B, and is expected to increase to $10.1B by 2025 at a CAGR of 12.7%. The US was the largest market for chronic HF therapies, contributing 61.2% of total sales in the base year. GlobalData expects uptake of Novartis Entresto to be the strongest driver of the chronic HF and total HF markets in the 7MM, reaching peak sales of $5.9B in 2022. The acute HF market is expected to increase from just $188.1M in 2015 to $1.5B in 2025, at a CAGR of 23.0%. Japan dominated the acute HF market in the base year, 2015, accounting for 86.0% of market share. However, with the launch of several acute HF add-on therapies in the forecast period, the US will take over as the acute HF market leader, contributing 68.7% of sales to the acute HF market by 2025.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/774307
Key Questions Answered
- The level of unmet needs in the HF market is significantly high. Will the pipeline drugs fulfil these unmet needs of the market? Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) interviewed by GlobalData provide insights and highlight opportunities for drug developers.
- The HF market is crowded with cheap, generic, me-too drugs, making it a particularly difficult market to penetrate. The current late-stage pipeline consists of several chronic HF therapies, and three novel acute HF therapies. How will the market be impacted by the launch of these drugs? Which of the marketed and pipeline drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- Will Entresto become the new standard-of-care in the chronic HF market? What are the main barriers a new therapy faces when entering the HF market?
- The major drivers for growth across the 7MM in the HF market during the forecast period will be the launch of the first-in-class angiotensin receptor blocker/neprilysin inhibitor (ARNi), Entresto, marketed by Novartis, as well as the launches of two acute HF therapies, Cardiorentis ularitide and Novartis serelaxin.
- KOLs interviewed by GlobalData opined that Entresto has potential to replace ACE inhibitors as the first-line therapy for HF, however they expect this to occur towards the end of the forecast period.
- In other interviews, KOLs highlighted that the greatest unmet need in the HF disease space is the need to develop efficacious therapies for HF with preserved ejection fraction (HF-PEF) and acute HF.
- High cost of new drugs and the reluctance of cardiologists to prescribe these new drugs are the major barriers for growth in the HF market during the forecast period.
Download Sample copy of this Report at : http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/774307
- Overview of HF, both chronic and acute, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized HF therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the chronic and acute HF therapeutics markets.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HF therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the HF therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the HF therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the 7MM HF therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 10
1.1 List of Tables 17
1.2 List of Figures 22
2 Introduction 24
2.1 Catalyst 24
2.2 Related Reports 24
3 Disease Overview 25
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 25
3.1.1 Etiology 25
3.2 Classification and Staging Systems 32
3.3 Symptoms 33
3.4 Prognosis 34
3.5 Quality of Life 35
4 Epidemiology 37
4.1 Disease Background 37
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 38
4.3 Global Trends 40
4.3.1 US 40
4.3.2 5EU 41
4.3.3 Japan 42
4.4 Forecast Methodology 42
4.4.1 Sources Used 45
4.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 48
4.4.3 Sources Not Used 63
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for HF (2015-2025) 63
4.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases 63
4.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases 77
4.6 Discussion 89
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 89
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 89
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 90
5 Disease Management 91
5.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 91
5.1.1 Diagnosis 91
5.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 94
5.1.3 Medical Devices 99
5.1.4 Clinical Practice 100
5.2 US 106
5.3 5EU 108
5.4 Japan 112
6 Competitive Assessment 115
6.1 Overview 115
6.2 Drug Profiles 116
6.2.1 Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors 116
6.2.2 Angiotensin Receptor Blockers 122
6.2.3 Entresto (sacubitril + valsartan) 126
6.2.4 Diuretics 141
6.2.5 Beta Blockers 146
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207