Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/02/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of PharmaPoint: Hepatitis C Virus - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - Event-Driven Update market report to its offering
PharmaPoint: Hepatitis C Virus - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - Event-Driven Update
Hepatitis C is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) that results in acute or chronic presentation. The disease is often asymptomatic, but infected patients may experience fatigue, joint pain, itchy skin or jaundice. There is no effective vaccine against HCV, so the market is driven by therapeutics. Currently, drug combinations containing a direct-acting antiviral (DAA), such as Gilead's Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) or Janssen's Olysio (simeprevir), along with pegylated interferon (e.g., Roches Pegasys and Mercks PegIntron) and/or ribavirin (e.g., Roches Copegus and Mercks Rebetol) are used to treat HCV infections. Sovaldi and Olysio have largely replaced first-generation NS3/4A protease inhibitors, such as Vertex's Incivek (telaprevir) and Merck's Victrelis (boceprevir) due to their increased tolerability, efficacy, and shorter treatment duration. The entrance of next-generation , all-oral HCV therapies is expected to fundamentally alter the HCV treatment algorithm.
Key Questions Answered
- How quickly, and to what extent, will interferon-sparing and all-oral regimens replace Incivek and Victrelis in the treatment algorithm?
- What role, if any, will interferon-based therapies have in the HCV treatment landscape over the next decade?
- Which novel HCV therapies will face adoption challenges in the market? What is the projected uptake of new drugs, such as Mercks MK-5172/MK-8742, over the forecast period?
- Will the reduced pill burden and increased convenience of fixed-dose, all-oral combination therapies lead to their widespread uptake?
- How will pricing influence the use of next-generation DAAs?
- Which HCV regimen(s) in development are physicians most excited about?
- Patient awareness is anticipated to increase in response to government education and screening initiatives.
- Interferon use is predicted to drastically decrease over the next 10 years.
- The launch of next-generation, all-oral DAA regimens is expected to streamline the HCV treatment algorithm.
- The approval of more-tolerable HCV therapies is likely to result in patients deciding to undergo treatment (i.e., decrease in the warehouse effect).
- Fixed-dose combination therapies are expected to seize market share due to their reduced pill burden and convenience.
- Overview of hepatitis C virus (HCV), including epidemiology, etiology, general symptoms from infection, and national vaccination recommendations and guidelines.
- Annualized HCV therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for 10 years to 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the HCV market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, and emerging trends, specifically interferon-free therapies and fixed-dose combinations.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HCV therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges.
- Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HCV therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HCV market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global HCV therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit