Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/02/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 market report to its offering.
PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lillys Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMSs Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takedas Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the impact of imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lillys Cymbalta and Otsuka/BMSs Abilify in the MDD market?
- What do physicians think about Lundbeck/Takedas Brintellix and what will be the impact of its 2014 launch in the MDD market?
- What is the significance of late-phase pipeline products and how will their launch shape the future treatment landscape in MDD?
- What are the significant unmet needs in the MDD market?
- What are the remaining opportunities in the MDD market?
- Minimal growth in the MDD market is expected from 2013 to 2023. The key drivers will be the increasing uptake for Lundbeck/Takedas Brintellix, the potential introduction of seven late-stage pipeline drugs into the MDD market, and the increasing number of prevalent cases of MDD.
- Key players develop products to broaden and strengthen their portfolios, enter into partnerships for the co-development and co-marketing of products in different regions, and develop products with a novel mechanism of action in order to compete effectively in the crowded depression market.
- The most pressing unmet need in the depression market is for the development of drugs with improved efficacy.
- Opportunities remain for products that will meet the significant unmet needs that exist in the MDD market. Products that demonstrate better efficacy, improved safety, and rapid antidepressant effects will move to the forefront of the treatment line.
- Overview of MDD, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment options.
- Annualized MDD therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the MDD therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of mid-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global MDD therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MDD therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global MDD therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global MDD therapeutics market from 2013-2023.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Forest Laboratories (Actavis)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit