Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of PharmaPoint: Microvascular Complications of Diabetes - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
PharmaPoint: Microvascular Complications of Diabetes - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
The entire market for microvascular complications of diabetes (MCD) diabetic nephropathy, retinopathy, and neuropathy is facing an extremely high level of unmet need across the 7MM (US, 5EU and Japan). Despite its enormous potential, the MCD market is facing the major global barrier in the sparsely populated pipeline. The diabetic retinopathy segment of the market has recently seen rapid uptake of novel anti-VEGF therapies and is experiencing a strong growth. On the other hand, the diabetic neuropathy and nephropathy segments face the barrier in and increasing number of generic competitors. Nevertheless, this market will undergo substantial growth between 2012 and 2022, almost doubling over this period, due to the rapid increase in the overall prevalence of microvascular complications of diabetes (which is attributed to the dramatic increase in prevalence of type 2 diabetes worldwide) and due to the uptake of one novel branded drug for diabetic nephropathy.
Key Questions Answered
- None of the current therapies for the diabetic complications are able to alter their progressive natural course and therefore the MCD market is marked by the presence of extremely large unmet needs in the current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the MCD market?
- The overall late-stage MCD pipeline is very sparsely populated. A high rate of failure in clinical trials for diabetic nephropathy and diabetic neuropathy led to a high level of pessimism among drug manufacturers. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the MCD market? What strategies are drug developers undertaking to penetrate this difficult but potentially very lucrative market?
- The diagnosed prevalence of microvascular complications of diabetes in the world dangerously increased in the past 10 years and will continue increasing at the fast pace. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
- The main driver of the enormous expansion of the MCD market will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence, which is attributable to increased life expectancy and scyrocketting increase in diabetes prevalence.
- The major global barrier for all microvascular complications is the sparsely populated pipeline, while the diabetic neuropathy and nephropathy segments also face the barrier in an increasing number of generic competitors.
- The whole anti-VEGF class, used for the treatment of diabetic macular edema, will experience steady growth, while the market entry of AbbVies atrasentan, the first novel, branded diabetic nephropathy drug to enter the market in more than 10 years, will noticeably enhance the overall market size.
- High rate of failure in clinical trials for diabetic nephropathy and diabetic neuropathy discouraged many drug developers; however, they are now shifting their strategy towards better understanding of the disease and better design of clinical trials.
- None of the current therapies for the diabetic complications are able to alter their progressive natural course. This unmet need presents a large opportunity for investment by drug developers.
- Overview of MCD, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines. _x000D_
- Annualized MCD therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022._x000D_
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the MCD therapeutics market._x000D_
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs._x000D_
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global MCD therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MCD therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global MCD therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global MCD therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit