Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- PharmaPoint: Migraine - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth. By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Questions Answered
- The migraine market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the migraine market?
- The late-stage migraine pipeline is filled with therapies with diverse formulations and routes of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the migraine market. Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
- The migraine market is currently dominated by generic drugs. How will the introduction of combinations of device and drugs, and new classes of therapies change the treatment landscape once reimbursement is not a problem anymore? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next ten years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
- The main driver of the expansion of the migraine market will be the continuous use of Botox for chronic migraine. The introduction of reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies will further increase the market size.
- The biggest barrier for the introduction of new therapies will be patent expirations of the majority of the drugs marketed for migraine, which have resulted in an increase of generics, and which may negatively impact revenue from branded drugs that are expected to launch in the forecast period.
- The concerns of reducing healthcare costs as part of government austerity measures, particularly in Europe, which will impede market growth. To ensure reimbursement companies will have to work closely together with payers and price their drugs competitively.
- Overview of migraine, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized migraine therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the migraine therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on the seven late-stage pipeline drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global migraine therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global migraine therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global migraine therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global migraine therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Merck, Vernalis, Almirall, Pfizer, Zogenix, NuPathe, Allergan, RedHill Biopharma, OptiNose, CoLucid Pharmaceuticals, SUDA, Revance Therapeutics, NeurAxon
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Australia Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- Triptans (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023