New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/24/2013 -- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
GlobalData has released its new Country report, "PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Despite its maturity, the osteoporosis market is expected to undergo substantial change between 2012 and 2022. Most importantly, the 'gold-standard' bisphosphonates will lose patent protection by end-of-year 2013, flooding the marketplace with less expensive generic versions of these physician-preferred medications. Additionally, Eli Lilly's blockbuster Evista, the only available SERM in the US, will lose patent protection in 2014, flooding the market with yet more affordable generic options. Also during the forecast period covered by this report, osteoporosis drug development research will lead to the launches of a wave of novel anabolic drugs with greater efficacy and safety, causing a major market shift away from anti-resorptive drugs. The number of companies vying for patient share will shrink by as much as 50%, as established players exit the market or acquire smaller players. Lastly, the aging of the population in developed markets will result in a larger patient pool.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
These changes in the osteoporosis market will be reflected in the slow growth during the forecast period, with the market growing from $6 billion to $8 billion in 2011 USD at a CAGR of 3%.
The recession will be caused by floods of generic products into the market. India has always had loose IP rights, requiring significant efficacy improvements in order for a drug to gain protection. However, as of 2012, India will start issuing compulsory licenses for Indian generics companies to violate IP and produce drugs prior to patent expiries. Therefore, GlobalData expects the Indian market to be dominated by generic products, and to lose significant value in the branded side of the drug market. For this reason, GlobalData did not project the pipeline products launching in the major markets because sales will likely be retarded by generic products.
- Overview of the Osteoporosis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in India including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in India from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting India Osteoporosis market.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Osteoporosis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - UK Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - United States Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022