Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of PharmaPoint: Type 2 Diabetes - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
PharmaPoint: Type 2 Diabetes - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
The publisher has released its new Country report, PharmaPoint: Type 2 Diabetes - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. The type 2 diabetes market is mature and crowded with inexpensive generics. Despite being marked by a late-stage pipeline filled with me-too drugs, this market will undergo substantial growth between 2012 and 2022, more than doubling over this period. The main drivers of growth will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence and physicians efforts to delay disease progression and reduce the costly burden of diabetic complications through the use of combination therapies and novel branded drugs. In the emerging markets in particular, uptake of branded drugs will increase due to rapid economic growth. We anticipate that the type 2 diabetes market will not experience a fundamental shift in the classes of drugs that are preferred by physicians. Rapid uptake of drugs from the novel class of SGLT-2 inhibitors will occur; however, DPP-4 inhibitors and GLP-1 receptor agonists will continue dominating the noninsulin type 2 diabetes space. GLP-1 receptor agonists will experience the fastest growth of all classes (CAGR of 17%), due to their weight-loss effects and their novel once-weekly administration, which is preferable to the standard once- or twice-daily therapies.
The Essential Drugs List (EDL) in China facilitates the availability of significantly low-cost drugs (mostly generics), especially to the sizeable pool of poor patients, and thus currently, a very small patient share uses branded drugs. However, the growth in China will be fueled by a dramatic increase in prevalence and diagnosis as well as by increased access to health insurance, greater patient spending power and more aggressive treatment practice, leading to increased usage of newer agents such as the insulin analogs.
- Overview of T2D, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines
- Detailed information on the key drugs in China including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in China from 2012-2022
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting China Type 2 Diabetes market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Type 2 Diabetes
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in China
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit