Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Mining Report 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/14/2013 -- Philippines: A Rising Star In Asia Mining
BMI View: With an abundance of mineral resources on offer, we are optimistic towards the future growth prospects of Philippines' mining sector. Capital inflows will be forthcoming over the coming years, especially given the recent lifting of the ban on new mining applications. We expect the country's mining industry value to reach US$7.5bn by 2017, growing at an annual average rate of 13.1% from 2012 levels.
While a string of mining projects has been put on the backburner over the past year, we believe the Philippines is set to emerge as one of the brightest spots for mining investment in Asia. According to the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB), the Philippine government is now reopening its door to new mining applications. Apart from lifting the two-year ban on new mining permits, the mining application fee was increased from PHP60 per hectare to PHP300-500 per hectare. Additionally, a minimum of PHP200,000-500,000 would now be charged against mining applicants depending on the type of application. In our view, the lifting of the moratorium on new mining applications, which came earlier than we anticipated, would pave the way for increased capital inflows into the mining space. President Benigno Aquino had earlier prohibited the issuance of mining applications until a resolution on the revenue-sharing scheme between the government and mining firms is reached.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Sustainability in the Global Mining Industry 2012-2013 - Market Trends and Opportunities, Profitability and Budget Forecast, Mining Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Supplier Marketing Spend Activity, Marketing and Sales Behaviors and Strategies in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Buyer Spend Activity and Procurement Behaviors and Strategies in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Threats and Opportunities in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Brief
- Business Indicators in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Brief