Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- The Philippines' first cracker has witnessed a difficult start to operations with a temporary halt in mid-June 2014 when the facility broke down leading to a big fire, but BMI's latest Philippines Petrochemicals Report expects the facility to ramp up operations in H214 and facilitate strong polymers output growth in coming months.
The company was on the third phase of its plant commissioning when the accident occurred. The cracker restarted in early August 2014 and ordered 30,000 tonnes of naphtha for operations in September 2014 as it ramped up production. The mechanical set-back is not unusual when bringing cracker units into production.
In H114, the Philippines' value of production index (VaPI) for basic chemicals and industrial gases declined 13.5% year-on-year (y-o-y) following growth of just 0.8% in 2013. The VaPI for plastic also fell 0.9%, a decline that was largely ameliorated by a sharp 34% increase in output in February which was followed by four successive months of decline. Meanwhile, the rubber sector has seen its VaPI grow by an average of 15.4% y-o-y in H114. The expansion of JG Summit Petrochemicals Corporation's (JGSPC) PE and PP plants should help revive the performance of the plastics sector in H214.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Although economic growth was less than expected in Q114, the outlook is very positive and BMI expects GDP growth of 6.3% in 2014. With a rise in investment, strong domestic demand and a rebound in exports, the context for 2014 and beyond is supportive of petrochemicals market growth.
- We see signs that local automotive manufacturing is slowly gaining traction and output volumes forecast to rise 13.5% in 2014, compared to a decline of 5.6% in 2013, with strong growth over the medium term. By 2018, vehicle production is expected to exceed 90,000 units, which should stimulate growth in consumption of engineering plastics and rubber.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) will be among those segments that will benefit from growth in the construction sector....
The Philippines Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Philippines Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Philippine petrochemicals industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Philippine petrochemicals market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Philippine petrochemicals sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Philippines.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering petrochemicals markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Structure, size and value of the industry sector; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Petrochemicals Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (both corporate and financial) in the regional petrochemicals market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Industry Trends & Developments
Evaluation of company and sector-wide developments, including key projects (as well as expansion plans), latest company financial details and proposed international ventures.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research