New Materials research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/14/2014 -- Phosphate Fertilizers Market By Active Ingredient (Diammonium Phosphate, Monoammonium Phosphate, Triple Superphosphate, Single Superphosphate, Superphosphate, Calcium Phosphate), By Crop Type Cereals & Grains, Oil Seeds, Fruits & Vegetables), By Geography: Trends & Forecasts To 2018
Phosphorus is an essential nutrient required for plant growth. It helps in root development, plant maturation, and seed development. Together with nitrogen and potassium, phosphorus is one of the most important elements for plant life. These features make phosphorus essential to maximize the production of grains and forage. Modern farming is dependent on the use of inorganic fertilizers that contain phosphorus.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Commercial phosphate fertilizers are manufactured using phosphate rock. Approximately two- third of the worlds' phosphate resources are derived from sedimentary and marine phosphate rock deposits, andabout 90% of the global phosphate rock demand is used for food production. Phosphorus is scarce and phosphate rock is a non-renewable resource. Market forces and political regulations may affect its availability.
The global phosphate fertilizers demand is increasing due to the growing world population and increasing food demand. Increasing milk and meat consumption in the world has necessitated large feed volume that in turn has increased the demand for maximum forage production. The global demand for phosphate fertilizers is projected to grow by 3.2% annually, from 2013 to 2018.
The phosphaticfertilizer market is dominated by key companies such as Yara International ASA (Norway), Agrium Inc., (Canada), Coromandel International Ltd. (India), Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan (Canada), CF Industries Holdings Inc. (U.S.), Eurochem (Russia), OCP(Morocco), Mosaic(U.S.), ICL (Israel), and Phosagro (Russia).They keep the competition at a moderate pace; however, being a consolidated and rationalizedmarket,individual companieshave their competitive advantage in the market when supplying phosphatic fertilizers.
PHOSPHATIC FERTILIZERS MARKET SHARE (REVENUE), BY GEOGRAPHY, 2012
In 2012, the global phosphorous fertilizer marketgenerated a value of $96,505.5 million and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% by 2018. The market was led by superphosphatewith the fastest growing CAGR and market share. In 2012, diammonium phosphate was a market leader in Asia-Pacific. The market was led by Asia-Pacific in 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Water Soluble Fertilizers Market by Types (Nitrogenous, Phosphatic, Potassic, Micronutrients), Applications, (Fertigation, Foliar Application), Crop Types (Field, Horticultural, Turf & Ornamentals) & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Feed Phosphate Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Nitrogenous Fertilizers Market - Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Phosphorus & Derivatives Market By Type (Ammonium and Industrial Phosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Phosphorus Chloride and Pentasulfide), and Application (Fertilizer, Detergent, Food, Water Treatment, Flame Retardant) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Agrochemicals Market - Global Market Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Adjuvants Market In Agriculture - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Fertilizer Mixture Market in Kazakhstan to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fertilizer Mixture Market in Pakistan to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fertilizer Mixture Market in Philippines to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fertilizer Mixture Market in China to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts