New Materials market report from Markets and Markets: "Phosphorus & Derivatives Market By Type (Ammonium and Industrial Phosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Phosphorus Chloride and Pentasulfide), and Application (Fertilizer, Detergent, Food, Water Treatment, Flame Retardant) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/04/2013 -- The phosphorus and its derivatives market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4%, over the next five years to reach 107.5 million metric tons by 2018. Asia, with its thriving economies and rapidly expanding population, is expected to experience the highest consumption from 2013 to 2018.
The major driving factors of this market are the growing needs of crops to meet the food requirements of the increasing population, rising demand for water treatment, and a shift from halogenated to non- halogenated flame retardants such as organophoshorus flame retardants.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Upcoming opportunities such as the use of phosphorus in rechargeable batteries show a promising growth for phosphorus. The new lithium iron phosphate batteries have greater prospects of use in electric vehicles due to their advantages in long term stability and economics.
Phosphorus and its derivatives have a large number of applications that range from fertilizers, detergents, food industry, water treatment chemicals, metal finishing and flame retardants. Phosphorus, one of the important nutrients for plant growth, makes fertilizers the most important application of phosphorus and its derivatives. According to industry estimates, the global demand for phosphorus fertilizers is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 2.24% during the next five years. Detergents cover the second highest market share in phosphorus and its derivatives market. However, the government in developed countries has imposed restrictions in the use of phosphorus in detergents due to environmental implications. This has restricted the growth of phosphorus in detergents, but only in developed countries.
Phosphorus has a number of derivatives, of which, ammonium phosphates hold the maximum market share. This is followed by other important derivitavies such as industrial phosphates, phosphoric acid, phosphorus chloride, phosphorus pentasulfide and phosphorus pentoxide.
Yellow phosphorus, an elemental form of phosphorus is made from rock phosphate by electrothermal process. This is a precursor to derivatives such as thermal phosphoric acid, phosphorus chlorides, phosphorus sulfides, etc. The major yellow phosphorus producing countries such as China, U.S., Kazakhstan, and Vietnam cover most of the world production.
This report studies and forecasts the phosphorus and its derivatives market till 2018. The market is segmented and forecasted for major regions such as: Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, and the Middle East. Selected countries with volumes and revenues are also covered. Market estimations have been provided in terms of consumption volume (metric tons) and market revenue (USD). The global as well as regional markets have been segmented by types and applications. These have been discussed in detail and a comprehensive view and forecast has been provided for each category.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Flame Retardant Chemicals Market by Type, Application & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market by Types (Disinfection: Chlorine, UV, Ozone; Filtration: Granular, Adsorption, RO, MF, UF; Desalination, Testing), By Applications (Municipal, Industrial), & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Propionic Acid & Derivatives Market By Applications (Animal Feed & Grain Preservatives, Food Preservatives, Herbicides, Cellulose Acetate Propionate) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Asia-Pacific - Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control & Others) & Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds & Others) - Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
- Europe Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), By Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control And Others) And By Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds And Others): Trends, Forecasts And Technical Insights Up To 2018
- North America Seed Treatment Market by Type (chemical & non-chemical), by Application (fungicide, insecticide, bio-control and others) and by Crop (cereals, oilseeds and others): Trends, Forecasts and Technical Insights up to 2018
- Global Water Soluble Fertilizers Market, By Types, Applications, Crop Types & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Seed Treatment Market - Global Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)