Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/21/2014 -- Plastic films and sheets are integral parts of society today. With rising global population and disposable income, plastic films and sheets are finding increasing applications in packaging as well as in non-Packaging sector globally. In packaging, plastic films and sheets are used in food, pharmaceuticals, personal care, industrial and other applications. Food packaging is the key driver for plastic films and sheets in packaging sector. In modern days, plastic films are extensively used in flexible packaging. In non-packaging, plastic films and sheets find application in agriculture, construction, medical and health care, consumer goods, and others.
Asia-pacific is the key market for plastic films and sheets with more than 30% of global market share. Rising middle class in China and India is the major driving force for the industry. However, developed regions such as North America and Europe are experiencing slow growth in the sector. However, specialty films and biodegradable films are slowly gaining in importance in such developed economies.
Different materials used for the manufacture of plastic films and sheets include LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, BOPP, CPP, BOPET, Polyamide, polystyrene, polycarbonate, EVOH, PLA and other specialty and high barrier films. PE is the most preferred material for the production of films and sheets. In agriculture, LDPE and LLDPE films are used significantly. However, in packaging applications bi-axially oriented polypropylene film is gaining market share over PE films.
Global Plastic films and sheets: Market Consumption, by Type, 2012
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
1.1 SCOPE of THE REPORT
The global plastic films and sheets market is profoundly analyzed in terms of revenue ($million) and volume ('000 MT) by the aforementioned classifications.
- Food packaging
- Pharmaceutical & Medical packaging
- Consumer products packaging
- Consumer Goods
- Medical and Healthcare
- Others Non-Packaging
- North America
- Rest of the World
By Packaging Materials
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Packaging Film Market By Application (Food, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Consumer Product, Industrial & Others) & Type (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, CPP, BOPP, Polyester, PVC, Polyamide, EVOH, Cellulose, PLA, PVDC, PVOH & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Green Polyol & Bio Polyol Market by Type (Polyester & Polyether), Application (Rigid/flexible PU Foam, Coating, Adhesive & Sealant), End-user (Construction, Transportation, Packaging, Furniture & Carpet) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts 2018
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars, By Type (Polypropylene, Polyurethane, HDPE, ABS, Polycarbonate & Composites), Application (Interior, Exterior & Under Bonnet) & Geography- Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Polyamide Market - Global Trends & Forecasts Up to 2018
- Global Not Cellular/Reinforced Plastic Film, Sheet and Plate Market to 2017 - Market Size, Top 10 Countries, Trends, and Forecasts
- Adsorbents Market - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2018
- Global Not Cellular/Reinforced Plastic Film, Sheet and Plate Market to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Polycarbonate Resin Market by Applications (Automotive, Consumer, Electrical & Electronic, Medical, Optical Media, Packaging & Sheet & Film) & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Renewable Chemicals Market - Alcohols (Ethanol, Methanol), Biopolymers (Starch, PLA, PHA, Polyethylene & Others), Platform Chemicals & Others - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018