Leap into Top 50 from Top 100 Demonstrates Elite Nature of Florida Country Club Community
Naples, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/15/2016 -- A very successful year for The Club at Mediterra has become even better with a brand new accolade. Platinum Clubs of America announced its latest list of America's Top Private Clubs of Excellence, and The Club at Mediterra was not only on the list again since it was first recognition in 2006, but it made a sizable jump from the Top 100 to the Top 50!
"We are so honored and delighted to be again named to this prestigious list, especially as the only Naples Florida club in the Top 50. I am so proud of the team here. It is because of them that we have reached this level of ranking" expressed Carmen Mauceri, General Manager and COO. "Mediterra is a very special place with very special members and staff.
Max Passino, Director of Marketing and Membership for The Club at Mediterra, echoed those sentiments, saying "This award will be prominently displayed with the others. We are deeply appreciative of Platinum Clubs of America and sincerely thank them for recognizing us in this way. It reflects the Mediterra Team's passion for service excellence."
Platinum status in the Private Club industry has been revered since the franchise was established in 1997 by Chairman Emeritus, John Sibbald. Over the years, the criteria has been updated to be relevant and adapt to changing times in the industry. The criteria for Platinum Club of America selection is as follows:
- Universal Recognition: Clubs of Excellence are rated on their ability to attract and retain the finest members
- Excellence in Amenities and Facilities: Remarkable Clubs invest on regular, planned basis in the maintenance, supervision, and replacement of the grounds, equipment, and furnishings.
- Caliber of Staff and Professional Service Levels: Clubs that provide an excellent work environment, compensation and benefits, attract outstanding employees in the community.
- Quality of Membership: Great members are the heart and soul of successful clubs; they are people who represent the best qualities that reflect the community values in which they live, and work hard to attract prospective new members that are equally great.
- Governance and Prudent Fiscal Management: Prudent boards understand the need for regular dues increases and occasional assessments, together with overall fiscal responsibility.
- Adapting to Changing Times: Great Clubs work at anticipating their members' needs and interests; they maintain traditions that reflect who they are and remain flexible to adapt to an ever-changing member market.
- Overall Experience: Great Clubs provide an "unparalleled experience" every day, one member at time. They work hard to make decisions in the best interest of their members and those serving them.
About The Club at Mediterra
The Club at Mediterra is a 5-star, private, member-owned Country Club Community in Naples, Florida. The 1,697-acre gated community was designed with the intimacy, charm, and classical style of the Mediterranean region of Europe. It is the world's first golf course to be recognized as an Audubon Silver Sanctuary, and it has been named as one of America's Healthiest Clubs. Members and guests can enjoy two restaurants, a lounge, a Sports Club, and a Wellness Center. Since 2014, it has been recognized at the "Best Place to Retire" in Florida, and the 10th best in the world. Most recently, The Club was certified "Green" by the Green Restaurant Association, making it the first private residential club to be given this honor. Mediterra has been named Collier County Community of the Year 10 times in 14 years, most recently for 2016.