Fast Market Research recommends "Poland Defence & Security Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/26/2013 -- BMI's Poland Defence & Security Report for Q114 examines the country's strategic position in Europe and the wider world. It provides an overview of the contemporary geopolitical challenges currently facing the country, and those that it may face in the future. In addition, the report examines country's current and future defence procurement trends, and details the order of battle across its armed forces. The report aims to provide a clear and concise discussion of these issues, and its general conclusion is that while some restraints may exist regarding Polish defence procurement, broadly speaking the country expects to continue the trend of defence modernisation it commenced at the end of the Cold War, following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
In the two decades since the end of the Cold War which concluded with the collapse of both the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union, the country has taken an increasingly active position in international military affairs. As Poland plans to withdraw its combat troops from Afghanistan in the 2014/15 timeframe, in line with NATO's overall goals of ending its military presence there, the country is contemplating its military posture and doctrine to equip it for future conflicts and contingencies, although as this report notes, the country is expected to perform fewer out-of-area deployments in the near future. It seems probable that Poland will expect to play an active role in future international military operations at United Nations, European Union and NATO levels. This is particularly true in terms of Special Forces provision which is one of the country's core competencies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the last quarter BMI has provided has added information regarding:
- Poland's ongoing Ground-Based Air Defence modernisation.
- Plans to purchase Main Battle Tanks from Germany.
- Further consolidation of the Polish defence industry.
- Modernisation of Polish Navy frigates.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- Singapore Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- Iran Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- South Korea Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- Israel Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- Japan Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- China Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- Malaysia Defence & Security Report Q1 2014