New Construction market report from Business Monitor International: "Poland Infrastructure Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/04/2014 -- Our optimism towards Poland's construction sector in 2014, following a steep 9% contraction in 2013, is being rewarded. Growth, while modest, could come in quicker and stronger than we originally expected . We ha ve therefore upgraded our 2014 forecast to 3% sector expansion. Despite the country's infrastructure continuing to feel the impact of the road - building debacle, weighing on productivity, capacity and investor sentiment, a pick-up in the housing sector, and a new allocation of EU funding should see a turnaround in growth in H214 and boost the construction sector from 2015. As such, we expect annual average growth of 5.4% between 2015 and 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Poland's construction sector experienced a 9% contraction in 2013, in line with our estimate for a 10% contraction, and wiping PLN11.8bn off the total industry value, while more than 300 companies in the industry faced bankruptcy - including some of the country's largest builders. While the impact of this is expected to have persisted over H113 at least; with reduced capacity, productivity and weakened investor sentiment indicating sustained weakness in the industry; positive news has prompted us to increase our Q3 forecast from 1% real growth for the year to 3% this quarter.
Sentiment appears to be recovering, providing momentum for growth in 2015. This will be driven by government housing policies, as well as the EU 2014-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework. Poland will once again be the biggest beneficiary of EU funding and much of this will be targeted at infrastructure - to bring Poland's quality of infrastructure in line with developed EU countries, as well as better integrate Central and Eastern Europe.
Key Trends And Developments:
- Poland will receive up to EUR105.8bn under the EU's 2014-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework - this will include EUR72.9bn for Cohesion Policy. In line with EU goals to boost interconnectivity, and promote energy security, we expect funding will be...
The Poland Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Poland Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Polish infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Poland to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Polish infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Polish infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Poland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview:
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings:
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Romania Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Global Military Infrastructure and Logistics Market 2014-2024
- Brazil Tourism Report Q4 2014
- Mega Data Center Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2014-2019)