Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Poland Mining Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/30/2014 -- Growth in the Polish mining sector will be modest and predominantly driven by increased coal output. Copper output will struggle as falling copper ore grades and weak prices are set to weigh on growth. Nevertheless, the rate of growth we forecast indicates that the country will remain one of the most significant players in the European coal, silver and copper markets.
The main downside risks to our forecasts are weak copper prices, cheap coal imports and labour unrest in the sector. Due to our view for a sharp slowdown in Chinese economic growth and expectation for increased copper supply, we expect lower copper prices over coming years. We forecast copper prices to average US$6,800/tonne in 2014, significantly lower than their 2011 average of US$8,826/tonne. Combined with falling ore grades in Poland, these lower prices will significantly disincentive investment in the sector.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Lower commodity prices will also have the effect of squeezing miners' margins, precipitating cutbacks and thus heightening the risk of industrial unrest. Poland's mining sector is comprised of strong unions and as such we highlight tense wage negotiations and potential strikes to affect the sector over coming years.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Angola Mining Report Q3 2014
- Canada Mining Report Q3 2014
- United States Mining Report Q3 2014
- China Mining Report Q3 2014
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Morocco to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Construction and Mining Machinery Market to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Chile to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Portugal to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Romania to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Austria to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts