Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/06/2014 -- Export-Led Recovery Is Gaining Strength
The Polish recovery is strengthening and has led us to upgrade our forecasts for this year and for 2015. One of the key drivers is growing external demand, which has boosted exports and begun to reduce unemployment. There is still some slack in the labour market, which is preventing a build up of demand-pull inflationary pressures. Industrial output is improving and the government's fiscal stance is moderately expansive. Poland's integration with the German export machine is a key positive and we are predicting exports to grow by 10% this year and 11.8% in 2015.
Improving household demand will also boost consumer goods imports. We now estimate 2013 GDP growth at 1.6% (up from1.4% in our last report) and forecast 2014 growth at 2.8% (up from 2.6%), while2015 growth is anticipated to come in at 3.1% (up from 2.8%).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
We continue to project positive growth for the country's major maritime ports in 2014. Despite a slow start to the year, the Port of Gdansk, which is seeing ongoing capacity expansion and consolidating its gateway role, will lead the way with double-digit percentage expansion. Gdynia is also expected to see steady growth, but at a lower, single-digit rate having enhanced its container role following its addition as a port of call on Hapag-Lloyd's service and further improvements of its intermodal links.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 port of Gdansk tonnage throughput forecast to grow 10.9% year-on-year (y-o-y) to 33.557mn tonnes. Over the medium term to 2018, we project an 8.7% average annual increase.
- 2014 port of Gdansk container throughput forecast to grow 17.6% to 1.384mn twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). Over the medium term, we project a 12.5% average annual increase.
- Port of Gdynia tonnage to increase 9.6% to19.353mn tonnes, with five-year average annual growth at 7.7%.
- Port of Gdynia container handling growth predicted to be 6.8% in 2014, to 778,928TEUs, with growth set to average 6.5% in the...
The Poland Shipping Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data and Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasting, critically analysing international transport of dry bulk and containers. The report evaluates the global commodities and trade backdrop, alongside in-depth country-specific analysis of trade prospects. The report also contains company profiles covering leading multinational and national shipping companies and analysis of latest industry news, trends and regulatory developments in Poland.
BMI's Poland Shipping Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the shipping industry in Poland.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Canada Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Shipping Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Argentina Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Australia Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Poland Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Shipping Report Q2 2014
- United States Shipping Report Q2 2014