New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/08/2014 -- Poland is one of the largest telecoms markets in Central and Eastern Europe, with vibrant competition across all market segments. This has benefited consumers through service innovation and lower prices, however operators' aggressive marketing strategies have increased the downward pressure on ARPUs, which continue to trend downwards. In light of this recent experience operators are targeting growth of high value high-speed fixed broadband subscription growth, as well as mobile broadband growth via dedicated subscriptions and smartphones. These opportunities should allow operators to develop data revenues and help offset declines in traditional services revenues.
- The mobile market growth has slowed as penetration rates have rise, but remains in positive growth territory. Total subscriptions increased 1.8% quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q) in Q313 to reach 55.393mn, equal to penetration of 145.3%.
- Monthly blended mobile ARPU declined sharply year-on-year (y-o-y) to Q313 as a result of comparisons with H112, when Poland hosted the UEFA Euro football championships, while cuts to termination rates also pushed down ARPU.
- The latest data from the European Commission show growth in dedicated mobile broadband subscriptions outperformed, up 21.2% y-o-y to 3.86mn at YE12, compared with a 3.5% increase in fixed broadband subscriptions to 7.123mn over the same period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
In August 2013, the Polish telecoms regulator UKE, began a public consultation on the auction of spectrum in the 800MHz and 2,600MHz bands, which could result in the entry of Emitel into the mobile broadband market. The government aims to switch from analogue to digital TV before end-2013, thus freeing up digital dividend spectrum (800MHz) for the use of wireless communications. Local news sources suggested Emitel was considering participation in the new tender for 4G spectrum and given its recent history and the huge advantages it would bring the company, we believe it would be interested.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Oman Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)