Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/09/2012 -- GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest research, "Polymer Industry in India - Export Opportunities and Promising Growth in Domestic Packaging and Automotive Sectors to Drive the Demand". The study from the company's Petrochemical Research Group provides an in-depth analysis of the Indian polymer industry. It highlights the major features of the industry and explains the reasons behind its impressive growth in the last decade. The report gives the historic and forecast demand for polymers (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resins, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and styrene butadiene rubber (SBR)) in the region, and discusses the major end use sectors which will drive the polymer demand in India. It also explains the factors which are facilitating the growth of processed plastics exports from India, and gives forecasts for polymer production for the next five years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's research team of industry experts.
The Indian polymer industry made a promising beginning in 1957, but its growth era started after economic liberalization which facilitated the growth of the major polymer end-use sectors. The Indian polymer industry grew at an impressive rate from 2000 to 2011 to become the world's third largest consumer of polymers after China and the US. Most of this growth has been driven by the packaging sector which is the largest consumer of polymers worldwide. With a rapidly growing economy and the increasing spending power of the Indian middle class, the packaging sector is expected to grow further and create a higher demand for polymers. The automotive sector also is one of the fastest growing polymer end-use sectors and is expected to maintain its growth rate in the future. Plasticulture will be the emerging sector which will drive polymer demand over the next five years. Government support has been crucial for polymer industry growth. The government's decision to allow 100% foreign direct investment in the processed food industry will drive the demand from the packaging sector. The national mission on micro irrigation will also help popularize plasticulture in the long term.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Petrochemical Industry to 2015 - Increased Demand from China will Drive Recovery
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Global Market to 2020 - Growth of Household Appliances and Electrical and Electronics Sectors in Asia-Pacific Boosts Global Demand
- The Ukrainian Mining Sector - Market Opportunity and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- Acrylonitrile Global Market to 2020 - Household appliances and electronics sector to drive Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) growth, polymeric applications propel Polyacrylonitrile demand from Asia-Pacific
- The Chilean Mining Sector - Market Opportunity and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The Canadian Mining Sector - Market Opportunity and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The Chinese Packaging Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The French Packaging Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The Turkish Packaging Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The New Zealand Packaging Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015