Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/11/2012 -- Datamonitor conducted a survey of 140 psychiatrists across the seven major markets to ascertain the perceived level of unmet need in bipolar disorders and to evaluate which factors exert the greatest influence on their prescribing decisions. There is a wide range of generic products and branded antipsychotics available to psychiatrists, which is reflective of a highly competitive market.
- Understand the key unmet needs in the management of bipolar disorders and their relative importance, as rated by prescribing psychiatrists.
- Gauge the attributes of a drug that most influence physician prescribing behavior.
- Review the first-line treatment recommendations for the different phases of bipolar disorders.
- Understand the patient care pathway within the bipolar disorders, and how it can be influenced to drive ethical drug purchase.
- Assess the marketing strategies of the leading companies in the bipolar disorders market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Psychiatrists rate improved efficacy of treatments for bipolar depression as the greatest unmet need. This indication has only three FDA approved treatments and sorely needs new effective treatment options.
Effective treatments are required for maintenance therapy. Achieving full recovery and avoiding relapse of symptoms is a key challenge and current lines of therapy are failing to address this need.
Prescribers' decisions are predominantly influenced by the efficacy of treatments, followed by the side-effect profiles of therapy. New treatments with superior efficacy and tolerability will be positively welcomed by psychiatrists as these influences are also inline with the unmet needs identified by psychiatrists.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the most important areas of unmet need in the management of bipolar disorders?
- What are the factors that exert the greatest influence on psychiatrists' prescribing decisions for their patients with bipolar disorders?
- How do bipolar disorders patients progress through the care pathway and at what point I the pathway are key decisions made by psychiatrists?
- Which marketing strategies are most widely employed by companies marketing antipsychotics for bipolar disorders?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Prescribing Influences: Schizophrenia - Plethora of antipsychotics fail to address negative symptoms
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression) - Pipeline Review, H2 2012
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression) - Pipeline Review, H2 2011
- Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression) - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Epidemiology: Bipolar Disorders - Population growth to mean more patients with bipolar disorders
- Endpoints - Clinical Trials in CNS Disorders - Multiple Endpoints and Ratings Scales are Becoming More Widely Adopted
- Central Nervous System Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Multiple Sclerosis, Major Depressive Disorder and Schizophrenia Accounted for Half the Market Value in 2010
- Prescribing Influences: Allergic Rhinitis - Treatment tolerability remains a key differentiator
- Addiction Control Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018