Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- Pressure Pumping Market by Types (Hydraulic Fracturing, Cementing, Others), North America Resource Type (Conventional, Unconventional), North America Well Type (Horizontal, Vertical) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
This report estimates the pressure pumping market in terms of volume and value. The volume of this market is estimated in terms of million hydraulic horse power (million HHP) and value in terms of $million. This has been broken down into component regions and further split into countries.
Pressure pumping is required throughout the lifecycle of an oil and gas well. The ever increasing exploration and production activities across the globe and new areas of unconventional resources are the main drivers for the growth of the pressure pumping market. However, issues associated with the environment, water contamination, and increased seismic activities have slowed down the growth of this market. Foam fracturing has advantageous properties such as high viscosity and low liquid content; foams find applications in many petroleum industry processes. This alternative utilizes less water than traditional fracturing and could help companies address the public concern over the environmental effects of fracturing. As a process, fracturing takes up a large percentage of the total water required in well drilling, at roughly 89%. This presents a good opportunity for players to capitalize on.
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedia, directories, and databases to identify and collect information useful for this extensive commercial study of the global pressure pumping market. The primary sources-experts from industry and suppliers have been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information as well as to assess the future prospects of the pressure pumping market.
We have also profiled leading players of this industry with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. These include Baker Hughes (U.S.), Calfrac Well Services (U.S.), and Cudd Energy services (U.S.), FTS International (U.S.), Key Energy Services (U.S.),Halliburton (U.S.), Schlumberger (U.S.), Trican Well Services Limited (U.S), and Weatherford International Inc. (U.S.).
The North American market share is about 80% of the global pressure pumping consumption. In North America, U.S. is the largest market and is lead by Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, Superior Well services, and Cudd Energy Services. Chinese players and few Asian players are expected to grow in the near future.
The pressure pumping market is segmented in six regions, namely North America, South & Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East. The North American pressure pumping market is further segmented by resource types and well types.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Artificial Lift Market: By Types (Rod Lift, ESP, PCP, Gas Lift) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market by Types (Disinfection: Chlorine, UV, Ozone; Filtration: Granular, Adsorption, RO, MF, UF; Desalination, Testing), By Applications (Municipal, Industrial), & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Fracking Chemicals and Fluid Market by Fluid & Well Type, and Chemicals (Acid, Surfactant, Biocide, Gelling Agent, Cross Linker, Breaker, Scale & Corrosion Inhibitor, Clay & Iron Control, Friction Reducer) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Coiled Tubing Market by Services [Well Intervention (Well Completion & Well Cleaning) & Drilling], Active Fleet & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Offshore Drilling Market By Services (Contract Drilling, Directional Drilling, Logging While Drilling), Applications (Shallow Water, Deepwater, Ultra-Deepwater) And Geography-Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Adhesives & Sealants Market By Chemical Type, By Technology, By Applications (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive, Packaging , Construction, Automotive, Woodwork, & Others) & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Chromatography Accessories and Consumables Market by Types (Columns, Autosamplers, Vials, Detectors, Fraction Collectors, Pressure Regulators, Degassers), by Technology (LC (HPLC, UHPLC, Flash), GC), by End-users - Trends & Global Forecasts to 2018
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Market by Technology (Water-Based, Solvent-Based, Hot Melt & Radiation), by Application (Industrial Tapes, Specialty Tapes, Medical Tapes, Labels, Graphics & Others) & by Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Hot Melt Adhesives Market by Products (EVA, Styrenic Block, Polyolefin, Polyurethane, & Others), By Applications (Packaging, Non-Woven, Pressure Sensitive, Construction, Bookbinding, & Others), by Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Seed Treatment Market - Global Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018