New Food research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/01/2013 -- This report analyses the Probiotic market by geography, applications, products, and ingredients in the probiotics market. In terms of geography, the report is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World. The probiotic product segment included in this report is based on popular variants, i.e. functional food & beverages, dietary supplements, specialty nutrients, and animal feed. The applications covered in this report are Food (human) and Feed (animal) applications. In various applications the purpose of using probiotics may be different and depends on the intended health benefit and the functional characteristics of the ingredient. The market has been estimated from demand side.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report estimates the market size of the global probiotic market in terms of value. It discusses market drivers, restraint and opportunity, and price trends. It also includes patent analysis. It also tracks the recent activities of market players in terms of product launches, expansion plans, supply contracts, and partnerships and collaborations. In addition, the top 20 players of the market have been profiled in this report.
The United Nation's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) defines probiotics as 'live microorganisms, which when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit on the host.' Such benefits include the prevention and cure of disorders such as lactose intolerance and inflammatory bowel disease. The major factors driving the growth of the global probiotics include growing health-consciousness and the availability of probiotics in the form of dietary supplements.
The global probiotic products market was estimated at $24.23 billion in 2011. More than 500 probiotic F&B products have been introduced in the past decade. These products have received varying levels of success, mostly in congruence with their overall health benefits. For instance, probiotic chocolates garnered more market share than probiotic cheese and butter, as it offers more health benefits without fortification. Taste and convenience are also expected important factors for securing market share.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Yeast Market By Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Omega 3 & 6 Market by Source, Applications, Geography Trends & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Dietary Fiber Market, by Product Type (Conventional/Novel & Soluble/Insoluble) & Application (Food & Pharmaceuticals) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Soy Protein Ingredients Market (Soy Isolates, Soy Flour, Concentrates) Market by Types, Applications and Geography - Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2017
- Global Animal Feed Additives by Types, Livestock & Geography - Trends & Forecasts up to 2017
- Global Animal Feed Additives By Types, Livestock, Geography, Regulations, Trends & Forecasts (2009 - 2016)
- The Future of Functional Dairy Ingredients
- Nutraceuticals Market in India 2012 - Update
- Nutraceuticals Market to 2017 - Food Additives such as Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Probiotics, Soy and Energy Drinks to Perform Strongly
- The Dietary Supplements Regulatory and Market Outlook