Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/27/2014 -- It is not at all a wise option to keep fish and seafood for long without refrigeration. Hence to preserve such products, processing is required. Various types of methods for processing seafood are adopted. The process of freezing is considered as a major method for processing seafood. The processing method of seafood differs from country to country and even from region to region also. The major drivingefactor of the processed seafood market is the changing lifestyle and demographics of the seafood consumers all over the world. People have become more inclinedtothe consumption of products provide them health benefits. This report estimates the market size of the processed seafood market in terms of value. Fish, molluscs and crustaceans are the major types of seafood. Frozen products, dried products, smoked, canned and surimi form the chief product types of the processed seafood. In terms of geography, North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World (ROW), represents the major segments. With the rising keenness for value-added seafood products, the market is likely to observe significant growth in the future.
Seafood processing equipment is a very important section of the processed seafood market.The various equipment assists in the production of good quality of processed seafood products forimproved taste and longer shelf-life. Proper practice of these processing equipment helps to deliver better taste, color, and also increases the shelf life of the products. With many advancements in the technology and innovation, the seafood processing equipment is set to exhibit rapid gains in the near future.
The companies that enjoy substantial market share for processed seafood are Thai Union Frozen Products (Thailand), Marine Harvest ASA (Norway), Grupo Pescanova (Spain), and others.Theseafood processing equipment companies that have major market shares are Marel (Iceland), GEA (Germany), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (U.S.), and others.. The existing dominant players are leveraging their innovative capabilities and customer relations to increase acceptance by major industry players.
PROCESSED SEAFOOD MARKET, BY SEAFOOD TYPE, 2012 VS 2018 ($MILLION)
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
The global processed seafood market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% from 2013 to 2018. The figure above shows the growth trend of the processed seafood market size of various regions for the period under consideration. Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market and is estimated to grow at a modest pace. Europe falls on the second position, followed by the ROW segment.
1.1 SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The Processed Seafood and Seafood Processing Equipment market is analyzed in terms of revenue ($million) by the below mentioned classification.
By Seafood Type
- Fish Molluscs
By Product Type
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Processed Meat & Meat Processing Equipment Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- HPP (High Pressure Processing) Market by Equipment Type (Orientation, Vessel Size), Application (Meat, Seafood, Beverage, Fruit & Vegetable), Product Type (Meat & Poultry, Seafood, Juice, Ready Meal, Fruit & Vegetable) & Geography - Forecast to 2018
- Processed Poultry Meat & Poultry Meat Processing Equipment Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Pre-Harvest Market: By Types(Primary Tillage Equipments, Secondary Tillage Equipments, Planting Equipments, Irrigation Equipments, Plant Protection and Fertilizing Equipments, Others), By Geography: Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Cold Chain Market for Food Industry (With a focus on 3PL Service Providers) By Types, Product Types, Applications & Geography: Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Frozen Bakery Additives Market by Types (Color & Flavor, Preservative, Oxidizing Agent, Reducing Agent, Enzyme, Emulsifier, Others), Applications (Frozen Bread, Cake, Pastry, Pizza Crust, Others) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Frozen Bakery Market by Types (Frozen Breads, Frozen Pizza Crust, Frozen Pastries, Frozen Cakes, Others), Distribution Channels (Artisan Bakers, Retail, Catering & Industrial, Others) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Food Enzymes Market By Types (Carbohydrase, Protease, Lipase), Applications (Beverages, Dairy, Bakery), Sources (Microorganisms, Plants, Animals) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Sodium Reduction Market By Ingredients (Amino Acids, Mineral Salts, Yeast Extracts), Applications (Dairy & Frozen Foods, Bakery & Confectionary, Meat Products, Sauces, Seasonings & Snacks) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Acidulants Market: Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2018