Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/04/2012 -- The potential for Pfizer's tofacitinib (CP-690,550) to drive a paradigm change in rheumatoid arthritis treatment edges closer, with news in 2011 that US, EU, and Japanese regulatory agencies are reviewing its applications. 2011 also saw lifecycle management strategies in effect with the launch of a reformulation of Orencia and a strong marketing move to revise the US drug label of Actemra.
- Access Datamonitor's independent appraisal of prominent brands and pipeline agents for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Enhance understanding of how marketed and pipeline drugs compare to one another in terms of clinical and commercial attributes.
- Review important clinical developments of novel late-stage pipeline candidates, with analysis of new clinical trial data.
- Gain insight into physician perception and product positioning in the treatment algorithm of key brands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With a novel mode of action, efficacy in line with biologics, and positive data from an active comparator trial versus first-line contender Humira (adalimumab; Abbot/Eisai), tofacitinib displays immense clinical and commercial prospects. Still, its positioning and eventual pricing relative to biologics are unclear and will dictate physician uptake.
Bristol-Myers Squibb executed a key lifecycle management strategy of intravenous brand Orencia with the US launch of a subcutaneous (SC) form in 2011. Enhancing its treatment offering relative to Roche's Rituxan (rituximab; Biogen Idec) and Actemra (tocilizumab). Still, SC Actemra is in Phase III and new drugs on the horizon pose a future threat.
Roche's attempt to change market dynamics with Actemra continues. With two ongoing head-to-head trials versus Humira, it has also filed with the FDA to revise Actemra's label. If granted, it could mean an unprecedented shift in RA treatment, as Actemra, a non-TNF biologic, could be selected ahead of dominant TNF inhibitors Enbrel and Humira.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- What are the comparative strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the key rheumatoid arthritis products and pipeline candidates?
- To what extent do future therapies satisfy the main clinical unmet needs in rheumatoid arthritis treatment?
- How do rheumatologists perceive key marketed and pipeline agents relative to clinical and commercial attributes?
- What strategies are rheumatoid arthritis market players carrying out in the face of intensifying competition?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Market and Product Forecasts: Disease Modification in Rheumatoid Arthritis - Novel therapies plus reformulations poised to enter the market
- The Future of Autoimmune Diseases Therapeutics - Market Forecasts to 2015, Competitive Benchmarking, Product Pipeline and Deals Analysis
- Endpoints - Clinical Trials in Autoimmune Disorders - Multiple Primary and Secondary Endpoints are Increasingly Being Applied to Ensure Success
- Autoimmune Treatment (2009 - 2014)
- Genentech, Inc. (DNA) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market to 2017 - Multiple Indication Approvals and the Potential for MAbs in Oncology and Autoimmune Diseases are Re-Shaping the Market
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Clinical Trial Recruitment in Autoimmune Disorders-Average Patient Recruitment Per Trial has Continued to Decline Over the Past Decade
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy Area Pipeline Report
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile