Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Product Profiles: Targeted Cancer Therapies - Patient selection driving novel drug approvals", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/27/2012 -- The rising incidence of cancer is continuing to drive intense R&D interest in oncology. Drug developers are shifting their attention towards the development of novel therapies for molecularly defined patient populations. The future will increasingly see the approval of targeted therapies for specific molecular aberrations and the incorporation of companion diagnostics in routine clinical practice.
- Includes targeted cancer therapy drug profiles and development overviews detailing the companies involved and the clinical data that led to approvals
- Includes SWOT analysis of each brand in the targeted cancer therapies class
- Overview of each brands positioning in its marketed indications relative to its competitors and in terms of its ability to meet unmet needs
- Analysis of the clinical and commercial attractiveness of the targeted cancer therapies
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
As the understanding of the molecular pathogenesis of cancer is improving, companies are increasingly selecting molecularly defined patient populations in the development of novel targeted therapies.
The rising incidence of cancer is continuing to drive high R&D activity in oncology. As a result, a number of new targeted therapies have entered the cancer market in the past two years. In 2012, five drugs have been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
In the period 2011-2012, a number of important developments took place in three of the 'Big Four' tumor types- breast, colorectal (CRC) and NSCLC.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Access detailed information about the drugs that make up the most lucrative class in the oncology market
- Understand the key factors that led to the success of some targeted cancer therapy brands and the issues which have hindered the uptake of others
- Understand how the targeted cancer therapies market will change in the future as developers target niche indications
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Product Profiles: Prostate Cancer - Recent approvals create competitive environment for new market entrants
- Product Profiles: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Product Profiles: Colorectal Cancer - New drug combinations and label expansions will increase competition
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- R&D Trends: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Mutation analyses continue driving treatment choices
- Product Profiles: Melanoma - Novel combination therapies will increase competition for marketed drugs
- Breast Cancer Drug Discoveries: What the Future Holds
- Case Study: Personalized Cancer Therapy - Anticipated competition threatens to dampen commercial potential of new approvals
- Targeted Cancer Drugs The Launch Landscape to 2018