Tokyo, Japan -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/29/2014 -- Originally drafted as a 13 episode drama for Japanese broadcast television, THE RYUKAGE comic adaptation focuses on the story of Hitoshi Morita, a traveling ronin samurai, and his family. After a particularly long journey across southern Asia; Hitoshi finally returns home to his wife and six lovely daughters. However; their happy family reunion ends in a fiery bloodbath when a sinister and ancient evils suddenly awakens to relentlessly begin hunting them down, in demonic-rage-fueled attempt to eliminate all of the female members of his clan. Teaming up with a mysterious, but powerful, troupe of traveling warrior monks; the family manages to survive the assaults and temporarily keep the demons at bay. However, as the demons continue to grow stronger and even more fierce with each attack; will this ragtag band of warriors be enough to balance the scales and defeat them once and for all? This comic series will tell the tale.
Project Wild FIRE is an expansive series of creative media projects based on the "Wild FIRE: Legend of the Ryukage" novel; published in 2007. Completion of THE RYUKAGE comic series will serve as the second phase of this overall project. The creative team of Walter Ragland and Keith Gutierrez are working non-stop to complete Issue #1 of this comic series, but are seeking funding in order to finish production of remaining 25 Issues.
Funds raised during this Indiegogo campaign will be used for the following purposes:
- Paying the Comic Artist
- Hiring an Assistant Comic Artist and Inker
- Paying the iOS Development Costs (iPhone & iPad Versions)
- Paying the printing & shipping costs of prints
- Hiring an Editor
- Hiring an Admin Assistant to help keep track of and manage Contributor Perks
- Paying the printing & shipping costs of comics, t-shirts & mouse pads
- Paying expenses for other promotional materials (digital and multimedia based)
- Continuing related projects noted in the “Extended Projects” section of our campaign
Indiegogo Page: http://bit.ly/KI6b8L