New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/01/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "PTH(1-31)NH2 (Osteoporosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Despite its maturity, the osteoporosis market is expected to undergo substantial change between 2012 and 2022. Most importantly, the 'gold-standard' bisphosphonates will lose patent protection by end-of-year 2013, flooding the marketplace with less expensive generic versions of these physician-preferred medications. Additionally, Eli Lilly's blockbuster Evista, the only available SERM in the US, will lose patent protection in 2014, flooding the market with yet more affordable generic options. Also during the forecast period covered by this report, osteoporosis drug development research will lead to the launches of a wave of novel anabolic drugs with greater efficacy and safety, causing a major market shift away from anti-resorptive drugs. The number of companies vying for patient share will shrink by as much as 50%, as established players exit the market or acquire smaller players. Lastly, the aging of the population in developed markets will result in a larger patient pool.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
These changes in the osteoporosis market will be reflected in the slow growth during the forecast period, with the market growing from $6 billion to $8 billion in 2011 USD at a CAGR of 3%.
PTH(1-31)NH2 is an oral PTH analog being developed by Unigene Laboratories. Like Lilly's marketed PTH, Forteo, PTH(1-31)NH2 is an anabolic drug that stimulates bone formation. It has the opportunity to be combined with an antiresorptive drug to create a powerful dual-action treatment approach. The drug was previously in development under an exclusive worldwide licensing agreement with GSK, which included Unigene's provision of development and clinical supply services, but GSK terminated the agreement in December 2011 shortly after the top-line Phase II trial results were released (Unigene Laboratories, press release, December 5, 2011). At that time, Unigene indicated its intention to find a development partner and licensee for the drug.
Note: This is upcoming report and will be delivered within 24 hrs of the purchase (excluding weekends).
- Overview of Osteoporosis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on PTH(1-31)NH2 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for PTH(1-31)NH2 for the top six countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Osteoporosis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - UK Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Aprela (Osteoporosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022