Sunbury on Thames, England -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/21/2015 -- There have been urgent warnings over carbon monoxide poisoning, especially after the National Grid says it was called to over 9,500 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in the space of 5 months last year. The Gas Safe Register is urging everyone to have their appliances checked, with summer an important time to take this crucial consideration. And presumably this means repairs must be conducted and completed with haste in order to avoid any health hazards.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is often called the 'silent killer' as often there is not a distinct smell or indication of its presence until it has had its impact on the human body. A surprisingly high number of lives are lost in the UK because of it. And the primary cause and source of the toxic substance is appliances such as boilers.
About South Thames Plumbing and Heating
South Thames Plumbing and Heating are a leading gas heating, plumbing and appliance installation service and pride themselves on their exceptional customer service and speedy repairs. As regular commentators on industry news, a spokesperson had this to say, 'We think the news is extremely serious and definitely one that the general public needs to take heed of. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a very serious matter, and one that is highly preventable with the right intervention. Most cases boil down to the appliances in a building. It is better to be safe than sorry and to have all your fittings checked out and repaired where necessary. And if you are demonstrating any of the signs of the poisoning such as unexplained nausea or illness, it is crucial you get this checked out by a medical professional. We are well known for our speedy and affordable service and would invite you to discuss this crucial option with us, it is a necessity for everyone.'
South Thames Plumbing and Heating
Address: May Cottage
Sunbury on Thames
Tel: 01932 379 800
Contact person: Andrew Turner