Recently published research from GlobalData, "Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020", is now available at Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/09/2012 -- GlobalData, Industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020", an essential and comprehensive source of information and analysis on the global Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) therapeutics market. The report identifies and analyzes the key trends shaping and driving the global PAH therapeutics market, as well as treatment usage patterns in the global PAH therapeutics market. The competitive landscape is also covered, with insights into the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positions of the existing market leaders. An in-depth analysis of current pipeline products offers up valuable insights, and the report quantifies the unmet need in the global PAH therapeutics market as well as in the markets of the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, China, India and Russia, highlighting opportunities for future players.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the global PAH therapeutics market was worth around $3.3 billion in 2011, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 38.6% from 2002 to 2011. PAH is a rare indication but despite the small patient volume, the market showed a tremendous growth in the historic period. This growth was due to the significant drug development activity corresponding to the launch of around eight premium priced drugs in the PAH therapeutics market from 2002 to 2011. Patient volume also increased during this period due to the increasing awareness.
The drugs used in the treatment of PAH are Tracleer (bosentan), Letairis (ambrisentan), Remodulin (treprostinil), Ventavis (iloprost), Revatio (sildenafil), Adcirca (tadalafil), Tyvaso (inhaled treprostinil) and Veletri (epoprostenol). The uptake of these drugs drove the market because of increase in Annual Cost of Therapy (ACOT) of PAH.
The global PAH therapeutics market is estimated to be worth $3.1 billion in 2020. It is forecast to show a negative CAGR of 0.6% from 2011 to 2020.
In 2011, the leading drugs in G7 market (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan) were Tracleer, Revatio, Letairis/Volibris and Remodulin with sales of $1,303.3m, $439.0m, $364.3m and $363.7m respectively.
The scope of the report includes -
- An overview of PAH which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized global PAH therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns data from 2002 to 2011, and forecast to 2020.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Actelion, United Therapeutics Corporation, Novartis AG, Bayer AG
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Respiratory Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Novel Pipeline Molecules such as VX-770 and pirfenidone May Offset Negative Effect of Patent Expiries
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Prostate Cancer - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020 - Q4 2010
- Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020 - Q4 2010
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Parkinson's Disease Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Riociguat (Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Anti-Hypertensives Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries of Blockbusters such as Diovan, Micardis, Avapro and Atacand to Accelerate Erosion