New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Qatar Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/13/2012 -- BMI View: We project Qatar consumer electronics spending will grow by about 8% in US dollar terms in 2012, with consumer confidence remaining on a sound footing. Credit growth picked up in H211 (after falling to 11.6% y-o-y in H111), growing 28.3% y-o-y and 24.5% in December 2011 and January 2012 respectively. An evolving retail landscape will help to stimulate sales, and new technologies, and factors such as increased competition in the mobile communications sector and the roll-out of high-spend broadband services, will also act as drivers. Meanwhile, an expected influx of visitors in the run-up to the 2022 FIFA World Cup (3mn tourists arrived when South Africa hosted the event in 2010) should boost spending.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: US$232mn in 2011 to US$253mn in 2012, +9% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to stronger than expected sales growth in 2011.
- AV sales: US$307mn in 2011 to US$325mn in 2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with flat-screen TV sets the main growth driver.
- Handset sales: US$90mn in 2011 to US$103mn in 2012, +14% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised ,with operator promotions and new releases expected to result in continued smartphone demand growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Qatar's score was 57.1 out of 100.0, which gave it 4th place in our latest MEA CE RRR table. BMI expects Qatar to remain an important regional market due a and high economic growth rate that is forecast will buoy consumer confidence.
Key Trends & Developments
- Qatar's promising 3G market will also be a core battleground for mobile operators and handset vendors alike, and is just starting to show signs of impressive growth. BMI projects that 3G models will account for above 80% of handset sales by 2016. Our new 3G growth forecast is that by the end of 2016 about 46% of Qatari mobile subscribers will use some form of 3G service.
- This year, the 2012 London Olympics and UEFA football championships should encourage more Qataris to upgrade their flat-screen TV sets to enjoy a better viewing experience. One driver of spending on AV devices will be the roll-out of faster broadband services such as Qtel's fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service, which should drive spending on facilitating devices such as cameras, monitors, portable computers and digital TV sets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Czech Republic Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Australia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Hungary Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- China Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
- Brazil Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)