Fast Market Research recommends "Algeria Agribusiness Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/12/2015 -- With wheat and dairy production falling consistently short of consumption, Algeria is a major importer of food products. However, the government's new emphasis on improving food self-sufficiency is helping the grains and dairy sectors to rebound . Increases in government support will be positive for productivity and product quality in the medium term. However, the country will remain a key importer of wheat and dairy products in the coming years. Algeria is increasingly expanding trading links with countries such as Brazil and India, especially for dairy and beef products, and away from its traditional suppliers such as France.
Key BMI Forecasts
- Wheat consumption growth to 2018: 12.3% to 10.6mn tonnes. Wheat consumption will be mainly supported by population growth.
- Milk production growth to 2017/ 18: 14.4% to 3.9mn tonnes tonnes. Our projections are based on the government's support for the sector and its plan to develop it by improving breeding methods as well as restructuring and further privatising segments of the agriculture industry.
- Barley production growth to 2017/ 18: 3.8% to 1.6mn tonnes. Our forecast errs on the side of caution. Significant changes to the size of the harvested area from one year to the next are a fairly regular occurrence in Algeria, reflecting the limited availability of water and irrigation.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: USD19.9bn in 2014 (growth to average 2.1% annually between 2014 and 2018).
- 2015 real GDP growth: 3.4% (up from 3.2% expected in 2014; predicted to average 3.5% over 2015-2018).
- 2015 Consumer price inflation: 4.0% (up from 2.5% expected in 2014; predicted to average 4.5% over 2015-2018).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Revisions To Forecast
- Wheat and barley 2014/15 production revised down to 2.8mn tonnes and 1.2mn tonnes respectively (compared with previous forecasts at 3.6mn tonnes and 1.7mn tonnes...
The Algeria Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Algeria Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the wider agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market?s agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2019 for the consumption, production and trade of key commodities.
- Consumption Forecasts: Accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
- Production Forecasts: Examine the trends influencing BMI?s production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
- Trade Forecasts: Accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country?s trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
- BMIs Forecasts: Accompanied by a risks-to-outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMIs Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for eight agricultural commodities based on globally recognised benchmarks.
Analysis of headline food and drink forecasts, including total food consumption, per capita food consumption and total sector trade, which provide important downstream intelligence for primary agricultural producers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- France Agribusiness Report Q2 2015
- Pakistan Agribusiness Report Q2 2015
- India Agribusiness Report Q2 2015
- Indonesia Agribusiness Report Q2 2015
- Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report Q2 2015