Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/01/2014 -- Much in line with the situation the category has been witnessing since the crisis hit the Spanish economy in 2013, baby and child-specific products recorded a poor performance with sales declining by 1% in value terms. Although it is true that the economy is better off in 2013 compared to the fragile 2012 situation, still the Spanish average consumer is far from feeling the security it felt prior to 2008. Spanish consumers are still showing a conservative expenditure attitude which is dragging the performance of the category as there has been an increasing shift from branded products to private label ones which have a lower unit price.
In 2013, for the first time, a private label range led sales of baby and child-specific products. The leading supermarket chain in Spain, Mercadona, accounted for 18% of total value sales in 2013. Mercadona's private label range operates under the brand Deliplus. The fact that this private label range dominates sales is even more outstanding when acknowledging that 10 years before, the same range only accounted for 5% of sales. Traditionally, Spanish parents tend to give up spending on them to give what they consider the best for their offspring. However, they have been changing their attitude towards this private label range. The importance of other private label ranges is still low in the Spanish market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Spanish economy is expected to see an improvement from 2014 onwards. National and international prospects foresee that Spanish GDP will record a positive growth rate in 2014 of close to 1%. However, the unemployment rate will take longer to notice the recovery of the economy. This fact will emphasise the cautious expenditure attitude that Spanish consumers have developed since the beginning of the economic crisis back in 2008. Baby and child-specific products will record a poor performance, declining by 6% at constant 2013 prices.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby Care industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby Care industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby Care in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby Care in Spain?
- What are the major brands in Spain?
- What are the movements in unit prices across categories?
- What is the penetration of premium baby care products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby and Child-specific Hair Care, Baby and Child-specific Skin Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Toiletries, Baby Wipes, Medicated Baby and Child-specific Products, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Lithuania
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Estonia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Slovenia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Georgia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Israel
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Denmark
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Turkey
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Slovakia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in South Korea
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Cameroon