New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/10/2015 -- A growing ageing population, favourable tax incentives and high demand for medicines confirm Central America's ability to continue offering revenue-generating opportunities to foreign drugmakers. However, the region's growing preference for traditional medicines could interfere with productive sales in coming years.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: USD3.7bn in 2014 to USD3.9bn in 2015; +5.6%. Our forecast has been revised upwards since Q115 due to historical data.
- Healthcare: USD16.8bn in 2014 to USD17.8bn in 2015; +5.7 %. Our forecast has been revised upwards since Q115 due to revised historical data.
Based on our analysis and assessment of the market's appeal to pharmaceutical companies in our Q215 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index (RRIs), the Americas scores 50.9 out of 100, below Western Europe (67.4), Asia Pacific (52.9), and Central and Eastern Europe (51.1), but above the Middle East and Africa (42.5). Of the seven Central American countries surveyed Panama's RRI score ranks first at 44.0, followed by Costa Rica (43.2), Guatemala (38.8), Belize (37.8), Honduras (37.0), Nicaragua (35.5) and El Salvador (35.0).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
- In January 2015, delegates from Panama's Ministry of Health travelled to Costa Rica in order to seek advice on Panama's plans to create a unified health system. The two countries plan to work together in order to strengthen Panamanian healthcare in coming years.
- In December 2014, the Honduran Ministry of Health signed an agreement with the National Anti-Corruption Council (CNA) under which the Ministry will facilitate the surveillance of the delivery and distribution of medicines and other medical supplies throughout the country. This agreement will also help to fight the recent rise in general nationwide corruption.
- In December 2014, Costa Rica created the National Commission on Health Research (CONIS). CONIS is recognised through Article 34 of Law 9234, which was...
The Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras, to test other views
- a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Panamanian, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Costa Rican, Belizean, Honduran pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Panamanian, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Costa Rican, Belizean, Honduran pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors using our company profiles (including SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and competitive landscape tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
- Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
- Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
- Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
- Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
- OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015