Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2014 -- Cider/perry was mostly consumed by young females and expatriates in Japan. Young females who just started to drink alcoholic drinks and do not like the bitter taste of beer and high ABVs found in other spirits were inclined to drink cider both at home and in on-trade establishments, thanks to its sweet flavours and low ABV. Cider was faced with fierce competition from RTDs, which aggressively offered sweet flavours with low ABV at cheaper prices. The on-going migration of the core consumer segments into RTDs was the main reason for the negative volume growth of cider/perry in 2013.
Nikka Whisky Distilling Co Ltd with its Nikka Cidre brand led cider/perry with 72% volume share in 2013. With nationwide distribution coverage due to its parent company, Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, Nikka Whisky Distilling Co Ltd was able to capitalise on this whilst other companies struggled to do so.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The category is expected to decline over the forecast period in both value and volume terms. Cider is still not a very widespread option for consumers. Depending on the success of on-trade channel, if Kirin's Hard Cider becomes more available across a variety of foodservice channels, the category could see positive growth, however, there will need to be significant marketing promotions in order to do so.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cider/Perry industry in Japan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cider/Perry industry in Japan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cider/Perry in Japan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cider/Perry in Japan?
- What are the major brands in Japan?
- Is premiumisation expected to continue to be an important driver in cider?
- Who are the key consumers of cider: men, women, younger or older consumers?
- Where is cider mainly consumed- at home or away from home?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Beverage Industry
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- In-Car Entertainment in Hungary
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Colorectal Cancer to 2019 - Favorable Pricing Policy in the US and Rising Prevalence in Europe and Japan Ensures Market Growth
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Czech Republic to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Not Cellular/Reinforced Plastic Film, Sheet and Plate Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Business Survey: Revenue Growth Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2013-2014
- Global Business Survey: MandA Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2013-2014
- Consumer Foodservice in Ukraine