New Computer Technology research report from Wintergreen Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2014 -- Worldwide DSL and G.fast Chips markets are increasingly diversified, poised to achieve significant growth as broadband is used in every industry segment.
End to end broadband networks leverage a combination of optical infrastructure in the long haul and copper infrastructure in the last few meters from the distribution box to the home. Fiber has had rapid advance but does not work in the end, it is too expensive to the home. FTTH is too expensive and DSL continues to be a viable alternative, with DSL set to be replaced at the high end initially by G.fast. Copper based broadband technologies promise to last for a long long time. Though for many years FTTH has threatened to make xDSL obsolete, this has not proven to be the case.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Copper represents an installed infrastructure worth trillions and too expensive to just replace. Fiber is too expensive to use it to replace all the copper. FTTH DSL and G.fast, the copper works in many cases and does not need to be replaced. xDSL markets will be strong for some long time to come as copper remains a transport line.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Fiber does not reach to the home, DSL technologies are needed to cost efficiently go from the neighborhood to the home device
- DSL is leveraging vectoring technologies to give new life to copper infrastructure
- Broadband is creating demand for faster communications connectivity
- DSL provides a way to extend the life of the existing communications copper infrastructure
- DSL is leveraging economies of scale
- DSL has developed a way to increase the speed of the broadband connection in the home
- Extending the wireless backhaul to leverage existing copper networks using DSL
- Effectively utilizing vectoring to increase broadband speeds
- Finding the balance between G.fast at the top end and DSL for mid range and low end broadband leveraging of the existing copper communications infrastructure
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Market Leaders:, , Broadcom, Lantiq, Ikanos, MediaTek / Ralink Technology / Trendchip, Analog Devices, , Other Players:, , Analog Devices, Arris, Broadcom, BroadLight, Cavium, Freescale Semiconductor, Ikanos, Infineon Technologies, IXYS Integrated Circuits, Division, Lantiq, Marvell, MediaTek / Ralink Technology, PMC-Sierra, Pulse, Sckipio, Shantou New Tideshine, Electron, Shenzhen Chaoyue Electronics, Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Sky Foundation, Shenzhen Tianxiaowei, Electronics Co., Ltd., ZTE
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- G-fast Chips: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Optical Transceivers: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Internet of Things Technology and Application Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2014 - 2020
- Digital Signage Market - Forecast to 2014 - 2020
- Germany - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- United Kingdom - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Switzerland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Robots - Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Ceramics - Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Norway - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts