Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Direct Selling in South Africa", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- Direct selling in South Africa was in good health in 2013, experiencing double-digit current value growth. This channel remained very popular thanks to attractive retail prices - lower than in other distribution channels. In addition, direct selling enjoyed growing interest from consumers, as it is a means of earning an extra additional income to increase their purchasing power. As a result, direct selling achieved a good performance in 2013.
Avon Products maintained its leading position in direct selling in 2013. The company is well-established in South Africa, with a large network of sales consultants throughout the country. This allowed Avon Products to enjoy strong brand loyalty and recognition. The company also registered the highest value growth in 2013. As consumers moved to cheaper alternatives of good-quality products due to lower purchasing power, Avon was able to strengthen its leadership of direct selling in South Africa.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Direct selling is expected to remain a dynamic channel over the forecast period. Brand owners are expected to improve their image by staying close to their customers thanks to attractive retail prices based on discounts according to the amount of products sold. However, the expected recessionary climate is expected to be a key restraining factor to the growth of direct selling in South Africa, as consumers are expected to cut their spending due to lower purchasing power. Direct selling is therefore set to post a value CAGR of 5% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Direct Selling industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Direct Selling industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Direct Selling in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in South Africa?
- How important is direct selling in South Africa?
- How is the direct selling channel being affected by the growth of internet retailing?
- What strategies are direct sellers employing to compete in a multi-channel environment?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in South Africa
- The Future of Retailing in South Africa to 2017
- Retailing in South Korea
- Direct Selling in South Korea
- Other General and Non-specialist Direct Retailers in South Africa: Market Snapshot to 2017
- General Retailers in South Africa: Databook to 2017
- Home and Garden Specialist Retailers in South Africa
- Grocery Retailers in South Africa
- Mixed Retailers in South Africa
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in South Africa