Fast Market Research recommends "EpiCast Report: Hepatitis C Virus - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022" from GlobalData, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/27/2013 -- Hepatitis C is a largely asymptomatic liver disease caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV). HCV is an escalating public health problem and burdens an estimated 3% of the world's population (Trinks et al., 2012). Unlike other acute viral infections that have a rapid onset, HCV infections often persist for decades (CDC, 2013; Tan, 2006).
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 150 million individuals worldwide have been infected with HCV and about 350,000 deaths occur due to HCV-related liver diseases each year (WHO, 2012). HCV transmission in the US is mainly through direct percutaneous exposure to infected blood. HCV in Europe is mainly associated with injection drug use, which accounts for up to 60% of all reported HCV cases (ECDC, 2010). China and Brazil's prevalent HCV cases are primarily due to contaminated equipment in healthcare settings such as medical and dental practices, along with dialysis and needle-stick injuries (WHO, 2012). GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the number of prevalent cases of HCV in the nine major markets (9MM) will grow by 4.80% in the forecast period, from 110.23 million cases in 2012 to 115.55 million cases by 2022.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Hepatitis C virus (HCV) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of HCV in the nine major markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and China).
- It also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the prevalent cases of HCV in these markets segmented by sex and age (given in five-year increments beginning at age 15 years and ending at ages 85 years and older).
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HCV market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global HCV market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for HCV therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- EpiCast Report: Human Immunodeficiency Virus - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection and Prophylactic Populations in the US - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Postmenopausal Vaginal Atrophy - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Dyslipidemia Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Psoriasis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Dry Eye Syndrome - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Dermatophytic Onychomycosis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022